Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I did mean that the shape of the rest of the queue is poor. I wouldn't mind seeing new animation, but as long as it's 2D. I wouldn't want CGI there. I think it helps the idea of stepping into a real comic book.

Was at Universal today and made a point to take a ride in the SCOOP-mobiles a few times. Most of the screens do seem updated (I counted 7 screens that seem to have been updated), so that's good. I personally can't wait for the refurb, Spidey could use some TLC.

While watching football today, I realized one of the negative impacts this update is going to have. Riding any other 3D attraction is going to be painful :lol:. If you don't believe, turn on a football game in HD, and then switch to a regular version of the same game. It' like your eyes don't notice how bad the original picture quality is until you see an advanced version.

If Hobgoblin looks that good, I wonder what Scream is going to look like. People already freak the hell out when the cartoony version of her scratches at them.

I thought the same thing! I love scream, so you can guarantee that I'll be doing everything in my power to jump in first row of the Scoop to catch a glimpse of her after the upgrade.

Last edited:
From Screamscape:

(1/23/12) Screamscape sources report that the Adventures of Spider-Man will close for the final phase of the upgrade starting around February 8th or so. In addition to finishing up the installation of the new digital projection systems and new animation footage, I’ve been told that the front of the attration area will also get a bit of a rehab, including some new surfacing of the area in front of the ride entrance.

I really can't wait for this. It should finally help me decide I really do prefer Spidey to FJ :p At least planning a trip in October for HHN I haven't had the "Will it be open?!" worries, but it'll be torture that all you guys are enjoying it all spring and summer! With The Hulk still looking fresh and Spidey's new film, Marvel will be looking all-round awesome this year.

So when is a reasonable time to think spiderman will be reopen?

I am not trying to sound snarky... but you can never tell with a theme park ride, even in refurb. We could only tell you when it will probably be open. Absolute reopening is completely unknown right now. It will almost be cool to see it shut down, as it has NEVER been shut down for an extended period in 12 years.

^Which is incredible in itself given that the ride is still in good shape.

I hope with the new animation, the ride will have a darker more evil tone to it. The reanimated villains have the potential to be freakin' scary up close. I just can't wait to see how awesome this turns out. Another thing I noticed is that several of the vehicles have been refurbed with new interior body shells (same design, different material). These particular vehicles also seem to have a slightly more intense profile as well.

I like everyone's new look, but Electro. He still seems kinda cartoony and doesn't seem to fit with the rest for me. Scream is frightening :lol:

There appears to be a dust effect when SM lands on the ladder. At first I though it was a video glitch, yet on closer exam, I don't think so. Is there a dust effect in the current version?

I like everyone's new look, but Electro. He still seems kinda cartoony and doesn't seem to fit with the rest for me. Scream is frightening :lol:

Where did you see all of the new characters? I have only seen hoody and SM.

Last edited:
What is he supposed t be landing on? The ladder? He's way to the right of it. Do you think that is something that will look different when it's projected or is this an early version of the reanimation?