Designing Islands of Adventure | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Designing Islands of Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Brilliant, I'd only ever seen the tiny thumbnails so it's great to see these. It's heartbreaking to think of it being thrown in the shredder.

Universal’s Islands of Adventure
Jurassic Park Jeep Safari Ride

jeepconcept1s.jpg

jeepconcept2.jpg

jeepconcept3.jpg

jeepconcept4.jpg

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Hmmm... I just made a great new contact because of this thread. Another 'deep in the biz' contact. And, in a few words, I learned more about universal creative and universal legal. Fascinating stuff. Explains the following of some of us around the lagoon taking photos. Universal is stricken foolish with paranoia. Perhaps a 10-15 person detailed photo day of the lagoon is in order.

Found this neat video that might interest some of you:

[video=youtube;GDR6hRfSXiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDR6hRfSXiY[/video]

Last edited:
Hmmm... I just made a great new contact because of this thread. Another 'deep in the biz' contact. And, in a few words, I learned more about universal creative and universal legal. Fascinating stuff. Explains the following of some of us around the lagoon taking photos. Universal is stricken foolish with paranoia. Perhaps a 10-15 person detailed photo day of the lagoon is in order.

Paranoia when they're building something in plain sight? That they're getting ready to announce in a few days?

If they're scared Disney might get the idea to do a fountain show, they already did. It's called World of Color. It opened 2 years ago.

How about a link to your photobucket?

that is my personal photobucket, I don't think it would be appreciated if i shared how I Obtained the artworks but i have them regardless. i posted that art last feb.

so idk why it would just now be showing up.

Check out my photobucket guys, might see something for a wondrous Island of some sorts.

"I was working on some apartments and I got a call saying that Universal was working on a project I might be interested in"

I wish Universal would randomly call me about projects....

Early Concept Art for the WWOHP

Early versions of concept art (from 2006) for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter had a much different idea than the finalized plans. For instance, Hogsmeade would have been built onto existing structures leaving the Dragons statues and Enchanted Oak intact. Hagrid's Hut would have served as the loading platform for the Hippogriff coaster. And Hogwarts is shown to be an altered design compared to the current one, with a covered bridge being the entrance, and having architecture and an exterior color palette closer to what is shown in the first film.

jWuumdMGgBbeN.jpg

jZnweX53S7EFv.jpg

jexOD2FORaaCh.jpg

jYeThItwkW241.jpg

jHgXV9WbVQc16.jpg

jEb1tUuwrtZZu.jpg

jbx5ekWKxQhjM1.jpg

Pics via ParkRumors

Last edited: