Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Just read an article that said Cameron is about to get knee-deep in writing and prepping Avatar 2 & 3... which won't premiere until 2014 and 2015. Seeing as how they barely managed to finish the visual effects in time for the first film (Cameron owes a HUGE thanks to Peter Jackson and WETA who stepped in at the last minute to finish the effects), I'm guessing Cameron is going to be booked solid until 2015. Make of it what you will.

Stepped in? I thought WETA did the majority of the film from the beginning.

^With the help, like many current films do, of smaller visual effects companies. Those companies usually focused on just a few scenes each.

Cameron probably asked for full creative control and Disney was like full cwhat?

I mean, it could very well be Disney.

Let's not forget what happened with Rowling.

Touche. Touche.

It's very plausible and highly likely it's both parties at hand being stubborn. Disney isn't the easiest corporation to work with and Cameron is supposed to have one of the worst ego's.

Touche. Touche.

It's very plausible and highly likely it's both parties at hand being stubborn. Disney isn't the easiest corporation to work with and Cameron is supposed to have one of the worst ego's.

Agreed. One of the reasons I was 60/40 on this thing happening vs not happening.

We'll all have to keep an eye on the situation, although I'm sure everyone already knows I wouldn't lose sleep if this project was canned.:lol:

Wow, another project announced and tossed aside, similar to Hyperion Wharf.

UO is doing it the right way, they don't announce ANYTHING until they really start working on it.

Disney and UO are truly trading places when it comes to which company is the most professional and best to work with.

Wow, another project announced and tossed aside, similar to Hyperion Wharf.

UO is doing it the right way, they don't announce ANYTHING until they really start working on it.

Disney and UO are truly trading places when it comes to which company is the most professional and best to work with.

It could be Disney's fault, but I really don't think James Cameron is helping the situation. George Lucas is supposed to have an ego too and they were able to work with him.

On the note of projects being canned, these things happen, unfortunately. There is no telling if this project will fall the way of Hyperion Wharf, or not, but if you look at any major corporation they have projects that just fall through. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

They won't ever announce that its cancelled, they'll just act as if it was never announced. Which is weird we have NO MORE information about it and it was announced, what, 4 months ago?

They won't ever announce that its cancelled, they'll just act as if it was never announced. Which is weird we have NO MORE information about it and it was announced, what, 4 months ago?

It's not weird at all. The contract was signed 4 months ago. It takes a lot more time than that to come up with detailed concepts they'd wanna talk about.

It could be Disney's fault, but I really don't think James Cameron is helping the situation. George Lucas is supposed to have an ego too and they were able to work with him.

Considering that Lucas supposedly receives $1 million for each Disney attraction that bears his name or involvement (Star Tours, Indy, Captain EO) every year, I'm sure he's more than open to collaboration.

When it was announced it was announced along with concept artwork as well, it was just hey its coming and thats it, we had the aerial concept shot of the area.

Avatar we literally have nothing, zilch, nada. Its almost Disney said, hey lets sign the contract and we'll figure out what to do later.

Status
Not open for further replies.