Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just a peek at night :)

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=GSJotwO9aL0[/video]

Last edited:
Flying tires testing... (it's nothing special though)
[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Iwy2tHnJodY[/video]

Last edited:
Would you rather have this back?

2587944239_5e968e82a9.jpg

I think the original "weenie" would be a better comparison LOL:

Disney+Sunshine+Plaza+California+Adventure.JPG

To be fair, I grew to really like the original DCA. Even before all the changes, it had more attractions than DHS and AK and when Cars open this year, it'll have a dozen more attractions than those parks. But until I saw the concept for Buena Vista Street, I almost didn't realize how much better it could be/could have been.

Reactions: Felipe
To be fair, I grew to really like the original DCA. Even before all the changes, it had more attractions than DHS and AK and when Cars open this year, it'll have a dozen more attractions than those parks. But until I saw the concept for Buena Vista Street, I almost didn't realize how much better it could be/could have been.

I wouldn't say I really liked it, but I did enjoy it when I went unlike most people. It had some charm to it, it just had a lot of crap along with it. No matter what park opened next to Disneyland, it would have failed in comparison. But the cheap way DCA was done didn't help. It still has a long way to go to be a great park, but this is a huge step in the right direction.

is.php

The lights were being tested.
is.php

Behind the mesh you can see some iron work.
is.php

Random time !!!

Tom and Suri at Disneyland enjoying the park on Wednesday.

is.php

Last edited:

Most people who didn't like it (the locals) also don't like WDW all too much. I know a great deal of Californians who don't particularly like WDW, but love Disneyland. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the World Showcase at Epcot and Animal Kingdom is beautiful. Aside from Liberty Square (which I always loved, as I love Revolutionary settings), MK is just too much like Disneyland for people out here to get excited about, and DHS has few rides and pales in comparison to the historical setting of USH. We have all of the best attractions that are spread out amongst four parks condensed into two parks. For $2,000 less, you can drive to Disneyland (from pretty much any big metropolitan area). We're spoiled. When we saw DCA, we were like "wtf is this?" Spoiled, spoiled, children.

Most people who didn't like it (the locals) also don't like WDW all too much. I know a great deal of Californians who don't particularly like WDW, but love Disneyland. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the World Showcase at Epcot and Animal Kingdom is beautiful. Aside from Liberty Square (which I always loved, as I love Revolutionary settings), MK is just too much like Disneyland for people out here to get excited about, and DHS has few rides and pales in comparison to the historical setting of USH. We have all of the best attractions that are spread out amongst four parks condensed into two parks. For $2,000 less, you can drive to Disneyland (from pretty much any big metropolitan area). We're spoiled. When we saw DCA, we were like "wtf is this?" Spoiled, spoiled, children.

Funnily enough, my best friend LOVES Universal but doesn't really like WDW and one of the reasons is that she says they spread out all the good attractions into 4 parks while Universal packs them all into 2. I'm dying to get her to visit DLR because it reminds me so much of the UO Resort but of course with that Disney touch. I'm obsessed with it.

Indeed, that is amazing!
One small thing that stands out to me, though... I understand that you need to have the eyes there for the cars to be those characters, but I hope it's doesn't obstruct the view much. You guys gotta let me know if it's bothersome if/when you ride this :) As for the theming, it's awesome. I think this is shaping up to be a really great ride! I hope to experience it one day!!

Indeed, that is amazing!
One small thing that stands out to me, though... I understand that you need to have the eyes there for the cars to be those characters, but I hope it's doesn't obstruct the view much. You guys gotta let me know if it's bothersome if/when you ride this :) As for the theming, it's awesome. I think this is shaping up to be a really great ride! I hope to experience it one day!!

I was thinking about the same thing, I hope the eyes dont obstruct the view. It looks so much like the film ! Like if you walked into radiator springs.

--- Update ---

This was a while back, James CameRon at Cars Land.
James-Cameron-Cars-Land.jpg

^ Yes, that was back when he was doing research for Avatar Land.

The picture looks awesome, but what I really want to see is an actual professional pic of the finished product (as opposed to the photoshopped version).

Wow, that's an awesome promo pic. I can't wait to see the whole land finished and to finally ride this thing.

Disneygeek has a new update with a few gems in it. First off, they got video of the Mater's kiddie ride testing:

[video=youtube;FyAwTkyWZ4g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyAwTkyWZ4g[/video]

Along with some shots of Cars Land at night and some pics of the construction preview room

jbstgHeTCBmVxG.jpg

jfdGvpeuJbPZQ.jpg

jVCgmDbf8J7KJ.jpg

jMnHu456IJx1.jpg

In the second part of Disneygeek's update, there's something that may please Jymmymack based on some of his recent posts:

disneylandhalf055.jpg

By the way, that view of the back side of the tail fins is not from the backstage area or even from some little area that has been hidden or inaccessible to the public... it's from the entrance drive to the land. :wave:

Apparently a screen of some sort, not unlike the sound barrier behind Dragon Challenge at IOA, has been put up as a way to mask the previously showing metal guts of the Cars Land mountain range that faces the outside of the park:

jrRx6S94AfrO1.jpg

Moving right along.....Carthay in all of its grandeur:

jbjHLK16VMsdYA.jpg

And finally, the first of the Cozy Cones have been orange-ified:

jip6ZC516lcPU.jpg

Reactions: Jymmymack
This pleases me.

I assume it's going to be similar to Indy's show building (minus the jungle theme):

2342583724_e87d8ab686.jpg

I would prefer some actual rockwork, but it's better than nothing.

Mater's looks like a cross between a tilt-a-whirl and a scrambler.

Everything else looks great.

Disneygeek has a new update with a few gems in it. First off, they got video of the Mater's kiddie ride testing:

[video=youtube;FyAwTkyWZ4g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyAwTkyWZ4g[/video]
Yawn.

Apparently a screen of some sort, not unlike the sound barrier behind Dragon Challenge at IOA, has been put up as a way to mask the previously showing metal guts of the Cars Land mountain range that faces the outside of the park:

jrRx6S94AfrO1.jpg
Not great, but a lot better than it was before.

Reactions: Jymmymack