Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2012

I don't have a problem with the line-up, per se. It's pretty impressive for a theme park concert. My problem lies with the lack of variety. No rock or country really bothers me. I'll hold onto hope that the TBA will be Hall & Oates.

maybe the issue with country is SeaWorld parks grabbed a lot of those people this years for BBQ...

maybe the issue with country is SeaWorld parks grabbed a lot of those people this years for BBQ...

Eh, I thought of that, but they aren't competing with that market. No reason why they can't offer an alternative for one weekend. It's never stopped them before.

Eh, I thought of that, but they aren't competing with that market. No reason why they can't offer an alternative for one weekend. It's never stopped them before.

but still, depending on how the contracts for the acts were written... BGT and SWO have 12 acts all together, unlike last years 8. one of those acts might have been acts universal were considering but could not touch till summer concerts. that or they did enough surveys and found out more guests prefered the kind of acts they brought in for this year. There is hope though, isn't there a TBA still in there?

From Screamscape:

Regarding the one TBD act still left on the 2012 Mardi Gras schedule on March 3rd, I’ve heard it said that in the past Universal has frequently brought in Earth, Wind and Fire and/or Kool and The Gang to perform, but nether is on this year’s schedule as of yet. In a bit of a coincidence, Kool and The Gang’s official website does show a confirmed “Booked” performance date for the band on March 3rd, so this could be it.

From Screamscape:

tumblr_lxbd5hJ5Vv1qdbxh4.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing Earth, Wind, and Fire return, but I'll be disappointed if Kool and the Gang fill up that last slot.

Just saw the update. I saw them live like over a decade ago but they were great.