The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spielberg apparently approves of the decision to remove Jaws for more Potter:

"You want three guesses who was consulted about the expansion into the Jaws plot and gave his ok?

The guy who makes millions every year off a consulting deal with Universal parks. He doesn't regret anything and neither will JKR."-Lee

"You want three guesses who was consulted about the expansion into the Jaws plot and gave his ok?

The guy who makes millions every year off a consulting deal with Universal parks. He doesn't regret anything and neither will JKR."-Lee

Hmm. Maybe there's something in it for him in the future..

Pretty funny because Jaws was the movie with the shark that never worked, and the ride was also a big mess and didnt work when it opened. Talk about a curse. He's probably glad it's gone.

Hmm. Maybe there's something in it for him in the future..

Like, ummm.... millions more in consulting fees every year??? I DO NOT understand this Uni/Spielberg theme park arrangement unless it is merely a hollywood business deal to keep him open to the idea of future film collaborations.

I remember reading way back in the day that Spielberg was not really a fan of the Jaws Ride at Universal Studios Florida.

It makes sense, after all it did have more in ties with Jaws 2 than it really did the first one.

I was being sarcastic... I still feel like T2 is next on the chopping block but again thats just me.

I was being sarcastic... I still feel like T2 is next on the chopping block but again thats just me.

Fear Factor.

T2 has the benefit of having less shows per day and still packs a lot of great results on guest opnion surveys, and exits through a gift shop. They can get away with having only five showings or so on really slow days. This makes it not a costly attraction to run and still eat a ton of people.

I really hope you're wrong. Not only because I like T2, but because I hope Universal goes after their unused (SS 44) or underdeveloped (Kidzone, FFL) space first.

I really hope you're wrong. Not only because I like T2, but because I hope Universal goes after their unused (SS 44) or underdeveloped (Kidzone, FFL) space first.

Agreed. I think, especially after the current demolition derby, that the Studios shouldn't try to have LESS to do, even if it's replacing one attraction with another.

Agreed. I think, especially after the current demolition derby, that the Studios shouldn't try to have LESS to do, even if it's replacing one attraction with another.

I understand they want new attractions, but at some point they need to offer more things and not just new ones.

I also would like to see them develop areas that are currently either unused or under developed:

SS44
That theater behind the NY backdrop
FFL stadium
Animal Actors On Location
The old Hard Rock Cafe Location
Barney and Friends area
Curious George
The empty plot between MIB and The Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.