The Old KidZone Thread | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who want both Dreamworks and Nick, remember that Nick has quite a few TV shows based on DW movies. The show with the Madagascar penguins, Kung Fu Panda, and I think I heard there's gonna be a HTTYD show. And a '90s Nick section or attraction would be awesome, and now somewhat likely with the new '90s Are All That block they have on Teenick.

but you have to remember as well Universal want to use what they own or can buy

So it looks like it won't be an entire KidZone re-theme, unless that's still in the works for the future as well, but it looks like Bikini Bottom is moving into the former Nick store. It'll prolly look like the former Nicktoon Blast exit but probably expanded a bit.

From the press release:
A great, new immersive retail entertainment experience that will become home to SpongeBob SquarePants and other characters from the number one kids animated TV series, Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants. It will open inside Universal Studios this year.

I got these photos when I was there on Saturday

IMG_20120122_132909.jpg

IMG_20120122_133008.jpg

That's gonna be for the interactive nick toons store they announced last month.

Well timeline wise this narrows down "other" projects that will come soon.

Well timeline wise this narrows down "other" projects that will come soon.

I expected this to be the timeline. There's no way they'd close 2 lands at once. park would be in bad shape.

- - - Updated - - -

More:

The only thing I'm going to say at this point is that it will be another investment of significant proportions. Potter phase 2 is a good two and a half years away but after it opens Kidzone should be the next big thing.

I expected this to be the timeline. There's no way they'd close 2 lands at once. park would be in bad shape.

- - - Updated - - -

More:

So basically enjoy Curious George/Fievel while you can... I just really hope E.T. isn't on the chopping block.

^ Well, he is worth an estimated 3 billion already. At this point I doubt he does stuff for the money if he ever did. I would guess that his motivations are more principled than anything. He is still hyper proud of ET.

Status
Not open for further replies.