Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok so I learned a few things today

you can use up to 7 spell cards at one time if you match up different cards they will cast special spells, like all the princess cards

there are currently 11 different villains

you get 5 cards per day and an extra 5 cards when you finish a level (like finish all 11 on easy)

you can only get 60 of the different cards for free they have 10 cards they are going to sell at a later date

they are getting ready to flood the market with merch for this game

From Disney Parks Blog:

To refresh your memory, here’s how the cards work: Each day a guest plays the game, they receive five complimentary cards that help them foil the plans of Disney villains who are running amok throughout Magic Kingdom Park. The cards each feature a Disney character that offers a spell unique to him or her. And, multiple cards can be used at once to cast several spells on a villain, simultaneously.

There will be 70 different spell cards available, and here’s an exclusive look at 60 cards from the game, so you can see exactly which ones you need to complete your collection.

1. RARE
  2. Apprentice Mickey’s Broomsticks
  3. Belle’s Mountain Blizzard
  4. Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blaster
  5. Doris’s Bowler Hat Attack
  6. EVE’s Laser Blast
  7. Fa Mulan’s Dragon Cannon
  8. Flynn Rider’s Flying Frying Pan
  9. King Triton’s Trident
  10. Lythos’s Rock Titan Boulder Throw
  11. Maurice’s Wood Chopper
  12. Maximus’ Horseshoes
  13. Merlin’s Fireball
  14. Monstro’s Water Spout
  15. Nibs’s Neverland Assault
  16. Rapunzel’s Hair Whip
  17. Robin Hood’s Magic Arrow
  18. Simba’s Roar
  19. The Fairy Godmother’s Pumpkin Bash
  20. The Giant’s Giant Stomp
  21. Tinker Bell’s Pixie Dust
  22. Violet’s Force Fields
  23. Woody’s Cowboy Lasso

UNCOMMON

24. Aladdin’s Lamp
  25. Bolt’s Super Bark
  26. Cinderella’s Magic Ribbon
  27. Colonel Hathi’s Righteous Stomp
  28. Eeyore’s Gloomy Cloud
  29. Frozone’s Ice Blast
  30. Lightning McQueen’s Ka-Chow
  31. Mickey’s Magic Beans
  32. Mike’s Grand Entrance
  33. Pinocchio’s Sawdust Blast
  34. Prince Phillip’s Enchanted Sword
  35. Snow White’s Housecleaning
  36. The Headless Horseman’s Exploding Jack-O-Lantern
  37. The Mad Hatter’s Tea Time
  38. The Queen of Hearts’s Card Army
  39. The Sugar Plum Fairies’ Dewdrop Spiderweb
  40. WALL-E’s Trash Crunch
  41. Yen Sid’s Sorcerers Hat

COMMON

42. Aurora’s Rose Petals
  43. Baloo’s Coconut Cascade
  44. Caballero Donald’s Pinata
  45. Dash’s Whirlwind
  46. Flower’s Flowers
  47. Gopher’s Demolition Dynamite
  48. Grumpy’s Pummeling Pickaxe
  49. Lumiere’s Candle Blast
  50. Mowgli’s Swinging Vine
  51. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
  52. Pocahontas’s Colors of the Wind
  53. Pongo’s Soot Bucket
  54. Prince Naveen’s Army of Frogs
  55. Pumbaa’s Odorous Gas
  56. Quasimodo’s Bell
  57. Rafiki’s Wisdom Stick
  58. The Blue Fairy’s Wand Wish
  59. The Woozles’ Woozle Nightmare
  60. Thumper’s Mighty Thump
  61. Tiana’s Hot Sauce

The last 10 cards in the set – the Super Rare 10 – will be revealed in a few more weeks!

Not sure how I feel about this.
sps018912SMALL.jpg

Apprentice sorcerers will soon have another way to power up when battling the Disney Villains during the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom role-playing game. Four new T-shirts will be coming to select locations at Magic Kingdom Park in mid-October. I first mentioned these shirts during the live chat with Imagineer Jonathan Ackley in June. I recently caught up with Jonathan to ask about their development.

sps029081SMALL.jpg

“I’m super excited for these shirts,” exclaimed Jonathan. “The Walt Disney Imagineering team has been working with product developer Summer Bloomfield for the past few months to create shirts that would assist with game play. There will be shirts for women, men and young sorcerers in training.”
Jonathan continued by explaining how the shirts work during the experience.
“When guests wear one of these shirts while adventuring, their spells will hit with maximum force,” he explained. “Although this does help with the harder levels of the game, it doesn’t mean they will win instantly. Guests will still have to know the correct cards to play against each villain, but all their spells will cast at ‘Master Sorcerer’ power level.”

sps036846SMALL.jpg

Once released, the shirts will be carried at Uptown Jewelers on Main Street, U.S.A.; Sir Mickey’s in Fantasyland; Frontier Trading Post in Frontierland; and Agrabah Bazaar in Adventureland. At this time, there are no plans to carry the shirts via the Disney Parks online store. There are, however, immediate plans for me to get one for my son. I know he’ll love wearing the Sorcerer Mickey shirt when we visit Magic Kingdom Park!

This is getting a bit much. Wearing a silly shirt. I completed my deck of 60 cards and I think I'm done with this thing.

Yeah...I don't think it's A. necessary to play the story line or B. necessary period. I haven't played since I did it when it was in softs.

Are they actually going to reopen the top two difficulty levels? Last I knew like two months ago they still had it locked on the beginners level. Regardless, I haven't played in months and probably won't. Its just not worth waiting in lines at the portals to me.

Does anyone know if those "at home" packs made it into the parks yet with cards 61-70?

Yes, but they can't keep them in stock. Every time they get a shipment, it's gone by the end of the day. I really can't understand why Disney, as masters of getting people to willingly part with their hard-earned money, has been so slow and inept to respond to the demand for SotMK cards and merch. Either they truly don't understand what they have on their hands, or they're deliberately manipulating demand for the product.

Also note, there's an exclusive card given out to attendees of the Halloween party, and rumors are *they will do the same for the Christmas party and the Wreck it Ralph premier.

From Disney Parks Blog

Holiday Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card to be Released at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parties
As if all the wonderful holiday sights and sounds – like special fireworks, a holiday parade, and characters in holiday attire – of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parties weren’t enough, this year guests can pick up a party-exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card only on event nights.

ibkFaBB7N6JiTa.jpg

The Ornament Barrage card stars Prep and Landing’s Lanny and Wayne, and will be available only on party nights at Magic Kingdom Park. Guests attending the party must show their party ticket and wristband at the Main Street Firehouse in order to get one.

I play it and I've heard there may be some new portals coming to tomorrowland but they probably won't open until the pirates interactive game has opened. So I wouldn't expect to see anything new until winter.

We've only been to Disney once since our daughter was born in Jan, but plan on going again fairly soon. My son's been needing his SotMK fix and wants t ofinally complete his set.