Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The lights that edge the greens are incredible and the course looks fantastic at night. I just wonder how Bubba Gump likes that rotating red light shining in on them every split second...

i also took pictures of it at night:

all videos and pictures were taken the night of 2/24/2012

feel free to use the pictures and video in an update on the homepage if you want guys. (and out of kindness plug my twitter @jh32488 and my website http://jamesheyward.com)

Last edited:
Bore tech post. Please ignore: Anyone here know what they call the mini-cratered walkway technique? I know one way that they do it as it is used in some outdoors malls here. They use what appears to be clumpy rock salt type stuff that is tossed and pressed into the surface and then washed away once the concrete is hard. I am sure this post is in vain and no one knows or cares, yet I ask anyway.

Yes, rock salt is still used to acquire this texture. Although, more modern methods of using textured rollers or stamping mats are on the increase.

Yep. So Disney has their big leap day promo, and Universal opens a new attraction the same day. So strange that Universal would schedule such a big thing the same day that Disney is trying to get press.

Yep. So Disney has their big leap day promo, and Universal opens a new attraction the same day. So strange that Universal would schedule such a big thing the same day that Disney is trying to get press.

Disney: Come spend 24 hours with us! It's Magical!
Universal: Yeah, and after you've ridden It's a Small World for the dozenth time, come see us. We got a SICK Mini-Golf Course!

Except Disney hyped the hell out of this one day. Universal seems to be letting this open with a whimper, which isn't necessarily the wrong way to go.

They have until midnight to open it. If not, this attraction did not open in February. :lol:

Looks like it opens at 11 a.m. today. The grand opening is scheduled for March 5th, but the "soft opening" begins today.
Admission to Hollywood Drive-In Golf is $13.99 (plus tax) for adults and $8.99 (plus tax) for kids (ages 3-9). Discounts of 10% off general admission are available for Annual Passholders, Florida residents, and Seniors.