Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Captain America 2

Octobers Fade

DEAD inside
Premium Member
Jul 10, 2010
NoRemorse Cemetery
It seems as if there will be no rest for Chris Evans. Marvel Studios announced on their Facebook page today that Evans will return as Captain America. The official release date for Captain America 2 (not the official title) is April 4th, 2014. With Captain America already returning this summer in Joss Whedon’s The Avengers, its a only natural for Disney and Marvel to announce the release date.

Will the Red Skull, played by Hugo Weaving, return? Will we see more of Cap’s adventures during WW2 a la flashbacks? All this remains to be seen. Keep checking Mania for all your Captain America 2 updates.

Sign me up for another,

I'm not gonna lie...even I'm starting to get a little Super Hero Burnout.

I'll probably see this, but man, I wish they could put the characters away for a couple years after Avengers.

Well it will be two years after Avengers.
As long as they are are good I gots no complaintsm, but would I also like to see some other characters in the Marvel Universe.

Yea, but we get Thor and Iron Man next year.

I think Thor, as well as Cap, will be different enough in tone for the sequels to offset the short turn around with Thor in Asguard, and Cap hopefully back in the past.
I really have no idea what to expect from IM3, hopefully it doesn't fall into the "third one sucks" catagory.

I think Thor, as well as Cap, will be different enough in tone for the sequels to offset the short turn around with Thor in Asguard, and Cap hopefully back in the past.
I really have no idea what to expect from IM3, hopefully it doesn't fall into the "third one sucks" catagory.

Apparently Cap will be in modern times.

The idea of single character movies seems weird after The Avengers. Sure, they could be solid movies but one little thing is going to bother me while watching all of them:

Thor 2 - Why not get the Avengers to help him?
Iron Man 3 - Why not get the Avengers to help him?
Captain America 2 - Why not get the Avengers to help him?

Sign me up for another,

Well after John Carter Disney has to get that money back some how :lol:

I'm not gonna lie...even I'm starting to get a little Super Hero Burnout.

I'll probably see this, but man, I wish they could put the characters away for a couple years after Avengers.

Agreed, all I really want to see is the Dark Knight Rises and the Avengers. After that its time for something new.

Agreed, all I really want to see is the Dark Knight Rises and the Avengers. After that its time for something new.

I want to see Batman, Avengers, more X-men, and Spider-man. But it just seems like overkill to bring these characters back without it being an Avengers movie. Their whole purpose for existing in movies was to make the Avengers. Take a few years off and do another Avengers. not sequels for these guys

Idk. I don't really think Thor deserves a sequel after just a decent first film. That is overkill to me. But Cap was arguably Marvel's best film. I'm more than up for a sequel. Especially since it will technically be 3 years after his first film. I feel like Iron Man and Cap can stand alone, but I'm fine with Thor and the rest going away for awhile. If we get a Hawkeye or Black Widow movie? Bleh.

Disagree, was it as good as the first... no but did it not suck. IMO

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, and while I can say I enjoyed parts of IM2, as a whole, it just felt as though it really lacked cohesiveness and overall entertainment value. Of all the Marvel Studios movies, it would be the last on my list I would choose to rewatch, IMO.

Guessing they are figuring after The Avengers Cap America will become more popular and they will be able to do a sequel(and gain the obvious merch so it will be worth it), because the first one with Evans was not exactly a smash hit.

New official logo was presented today during the Marvel panel at Comic-Con. As the logo reveals, the new title is Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It will be interesting to see how going with a subtitle instead of a simple "2" will impact the film moving forward.

ibapsEZSLRFQwS.png

Source: http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/sdcc-2012-captain-america-2-title-and-logo-announced-%E2%80%9C-winter-soldier%E2%80%9D