BttF Returning? | Inside Universal Forums

BttF Returning?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New BTTF Ride?

• Total voters
Apr 18, 2012
Has anyone else heard the rumour that Universal are considering a new BTTF Ride? :stunned:

It genuinely does make sense. It's not just a 'valid' film these days, but it continues to grow, and grow! The fanbase is HUUUUGE. Its combination of technology, fantasy of time travel, and some of the best acting of all time is now being appreciated even more today with the lack of new memorable films. They are already rebuilding the original car from the trilogy for USH (with all the original parts they are searching for), and there's apparently another announcement to be made shortly for another 'BTTF Project', rumoured to be another ride!

My faith would be totally restored with Universal, that would be EPIC!! :hail:

What are your thoughts on a new ride, possibly in the same form of Spiderman?

Also, thought the hardcore BTTF fans would get a 'kick' out of this video. :thumbs:

[video=youtube_share;McSQN0PGU_Y]http://youtu.be/McSQN0PGU_Y[/video]

I think its more of a matter of wanting to have it happen. Face it guys Universal execs go on the site to get a feel of their loyal customer base. We do have our opinions and some of our ideas would do awesome things in the parks. Personally I think Universal needs to get over the idea of being current vs. classic. A large percentage of people go to Orlando to reconnect with their memories they had from previous trips, imagine being able to take your grandson on a ride that you loved when you were his age. I know what some of you are thinking, if that were the case then a park would appear boring to the younger genarations, and IF that was the case Disney would had been shut down years ago. THEME PARKS have to develop themselves into a brand that embraces it's history and improves and updates itself on a regular basis( a great example would be Spiderman, and the haunted mansion). I think Universal is slowly walking away from any loyal fan they have had that loved them most back when they were only Universal and no islands of adventure. If you keep changing something eventual people will forget the great product that got them succesful in the first place.

Wonderful thoughts, and they definitely have the room in the park for expanding a new attraction, but sadly I don't think it's going to happen. I do agree, however, BTTF series is EPIC to the Universal family franchise, same as Shrek, Jurassic Park, Mummy, MIB etc...

It's a pipe dream really. Don't get me wrong with that statement, because I would love for the BTTF ride or a new BTTF ride to come back, but we all need to face the horrible, ugly truth...... it's not gonna happen.

While I will forever will love BTTF and love the ride, along with the whole world that was set up around it, with the great queue videos, and pre show, and set pieces. Simply brilliantly set up.

I am a fan of moving forward. That was a concept that worked for a long time, was great helped put Universal Orlando Studios on the map. But at this time it is been there done that.

Not gonna happen, and I don't want it to. The time has passed for the ride. It was great in its time, but any new project would have to be tied to a reboot of the series, which I don't wanna see either.

While I will forever will love BTTF and love the ride, along with the whole world that was set up around it, with the great queue videos, and pre show, and set pieces. Simply brilliantly set up.

I am a fan of moving forward. That was a concept that worked for a long time, was great helped put Universal Orlando Studios on the map. But at this time it is been there done that.

I agree. But I think that is my main problem with moves like The Simpsons. It was a retheme of the same concept rather than adding anything new. Just replace the fog with a scent and the concept is virtually the same.

I don't see Universal Going Back to the Future. To many new movies out there to do a throw back. The ride ran it's course why not bring back Ghostbusters at least there is a talk of a 3rd film.

In all honesty, I never want this to happen. As so many other have said already, this would basically be sending Uni backward. Kingeric is right on the nail when it comes to moving forward. That is what Uni needs to do. Don't get me wrong, I love Back to the Future, I loved the ride, and I do genuinely miss it, but I also love the re-theme that has been done with the Simpsons Ride. It's just time to let go, I think. It's not like Back to the Future is being forgotten. Far from it. We still have the props and character(s) at USF, and it looks like we'll be seeing some clips/scenes from the films in the Cinematic Spectacular. That's more then enough, IMHO.

It is not going to happen really because there is no large money to be made in it. What an awesome thought though. I always thought a full dark ride would of been great. I always wanted a DeLorean on a Kuka. Imagine Forbidden Journey with Back to the Future theme through different time periods. This was dreamed up long before Forbidden Journey was officially announced though.

That being said. At least Back to the Future has a healthy representation in the park with the movie vehicles, Doc sometimes roaming and some scenes in the night time show.

Cinematic Spectacular is pretty much the closest thing Uni will ever have to an equivalent of DHS's Great Movie Ride. This nighttime show will highlight Universal's vast film library with BTTF being no exception. Aside from the train photo-op down the street from Monsters Cafe, the franchise will never have a full fledged attraction at UOR in the foreseeable future. Sorry.

So yeah, that's that. It's like saying Uni had a change of heart about removing Jaws, so their making a new 3D theater in the empty lot with a Jaws attraction there.... :rolleyes:

Wow. I'm genuinely shocked by the poll and responses. I realise they have to move forward, but surely they can move forward with ride functionality, but to use the films that we all love? Lets be honest, watch any episode of The Simposons, then watch BTTF.....it's not even worth starting a conversation about which makes you feel all sorts of emotions. They hardly moved forward with this ride! Come on, they used exactly the same base and except for a bit of a smoother ride and a fragrance thrown at you, it's the same! They could have quite easily manipulated the rides motion of BTTF to make it smoother.

I really hope the rumours are true, Universal are clearly making a huge statement recently with BTTF. Their 100years video with Steven is heavily biased towards BTTF, the original car restoration, the fanbase growing, and there's another annoucement to be made very soon which is how the rumour of another ride came about.

--- Update ---

I think its more of a matter of wanting to have it happen. Face it guys Universal execs go on the site to get a feel of their loyal customer base. We do have our opinions and some of our ideas would do awesome things in the parks. Personally I think Universal needs to get over the idea of being current vs. classic. A large percentage of people go to Orlando to reconnect with their memories they had from previous trips, imagine being able to take your grandson on a ride that you loved when you were his age. I know what some of you are thinking, if that were the case then a park would appear boring to the younger genarations, and IF that was the case Disney would had been shut down years ago. THEME PARKS have to develop themselves into a brand that embraces it's history and improves and updates itself on a regular basis( a great example would be Spiderman, and the haunted mansion). I think Universal is slowly walking away from any loyal fan they have had that loved them most back when they were only Universal and no islands of adventure. If you keep changing something eventual people will forget the great product that got them succesful in the first place.

Agree completely. It ain't gonna happen if there's just a ton of negative responses and poll votes. Companies use our forums and feedback online a LOT more than you would think. It's easy, free research and Universal are no exception.

If they received a letter from every BTTF fan all within a week, are you telling me that a company would ignore that?! It would be complete insanity and it would almost force their hand.

As much as I would love this and us fans of old school Universal would like to see it, you have to remember that the parks are a business. And when Universal makes a big investment on an attraction, they want to see a return on that investment whether it's in increased ticket sales or merchandise. Universal bases their newest attractions basically on pop culture relevance. Back to the Future is a classic, yes, but I don't think that means spending millions on a new attraction for it right now would make sense.

mr2nut123, we're all just being realistic. And based on what we know of Uni's business model, history of attraction removal, and that they would be embarrassed to bring back something that did have a campaign against removing it, their is NO LOGICAL TRAIN OF THOUGHT that would help anyone on here truly believe Uni will bring BTTF back in ride form.

Would I personally like it to happen? HELL FREAKING YEAH! But at the end of the day, all you proposed is a pipe dream of fans of the park, sorry to say.