Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

"Old School" Universal Orlando

does anyone have pics of murder she wrote not the show but the building

Well... not exactly murder she wrote. However, same building, different show. Hercules replaced her

usfproduction005.jpg

does anyone have pics of murder she wrote not the show but the building

This video is the best I could find. I swear, there's not a single picture out there of the building back when it hosted the MSW show :shrug:

[video=youtube;ukcPGOes-h4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukcPGOes-h4&feature=related[/video]

Pretty awesome video anyways!

BTW, here's a pretty lengthy video of "Old School" Uni that I just stumbled upon:

[video=youtube;o-xtac5wL4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-xtac5wL4c&feature=related[/video]

Universal Studios Florida brochure from 1990

Theme Park Insider posted these scans of a brochure all the way back from 1990!

On this particular "sneak preview" soft-open day in May 1990, Universal Studios Florida offered just three attractions - the Animal Actors show, the Horror Make-up Show, and the Murder, She Wrote post-production show.

ibmEI7MWWyg0tg.jpg

iBbbG7hpaVD9b.jpg

idp0TksmIguY9.jpg

Saw these a few days ago, pretty crazy only 3 attractions were open! And of those three it was Murder She Wrote, Animal Actors, and the Make Up show. I know it was a preview and they gave you a free ticket to come back but damn.

I LOVE that there was a store near Animal Actors called ANIMAL HOUSE selling pet themed merch. Something like that would likely have a niche today more than it did back then. The play on words to a classic Universal film is great.

I've been setting up interviews and talking to people for my documentary and came across a pretty big part of the original design team and wanted to share this with you. These are scanned from the originals by the owner for me, I've never seen these elsewhere online. The person still does work for Universal all over the world. He also helped with the new DM attraction and Transformers. He also did the show programming for Kongfrontation. I cant wait to shoot this documentary to share all this awesome stuff i dig up.

USFKongJawsHardhatStickers.jpg

Last edited:
Once that stuff runs out though, it'll be gone for good. You don't see them continuing to sell BTTF or Kong merchandise.

True, but they do have merchandise for other franchises. I'm not sure where it's going to go, I think if they kept more of the classic movie merchandise it would sell, but Back To The Future and Kong no longer have merchandise either.