Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's NextGen Initiative

Disney adding nothing new to the parks does not make me want to slap on a wristband and spend money there. Now at SeaWorld and Universal and Discovery Cove, yes.

“This xPASS/NextGen effort is going to fundamentally change how people visit the Disney parks,”

Everything they have been doing in the past few years has been a 'fundamental change', I will give them that.

Yeah, without adding anything new a family's basic fundamental basic planning will be "They have not added any new stuff compared to what they used to in a lot of areas. Maybe we don't need to go or not go for a big of stay this year"

Believe it or not though all companies do it. Marketing studies buying behaviors. Everything you do, every website you visit and voluntarily click on(facebook is the biggest obvious example right now) watches what you like and your buying behaviors.

I don't really like/love it either. But it is nothing new. Just a new way to do it.

Also Fantasyland is happening in Magic Kingdom. One park that has not gotten any serious attention in ten years. TEN YEARS and the most visited theme park in the world. No excuse there in my opinion. Then there are the other three theme parks that are lacking major attractions in the near future. Nothing really else in the works to open within the next two years.

A kiddie coaster and omni-mover with some glorified meet and greats...the usual innovation

The usual ignorant comment regarding WDW :rolleyes:.

The problem is NOT the Fantasyland expansion. It's the best thing to happen to MK in years. It's the lack of movement elsewhere.

Yeah, how dare they not add anything ne-

-oh... what's all of that construction going on behind Fantasyland?

And this is why Disney can rest on its laurels.

The problem is NOT the Fantasyland expansion. It's the best thing to happen to MK in years. It's the lack of movement elsewhere.

Exactly!

Actually it's been 20 years since the MK got major attraction addition with Splash Mt. And after the Fantasyland Expansion is done they still won't have a new E-Ticket. They are dragging a 10 year old parade down Main St. during the day. And a 39 year old parade at night. The FLE is WAY too little, WAY too late. And the lack of other additions around the property is discouraging considering how badly DHS and DAK are in need of MORE ANYTHING!

Actually it's been 20 years since the MK got major attraction addition with Splash Mt. And after the Fantasyland Expansion is done they still won't have a new E-Ticket. They are dragging a 10 year old parade down Main St. during the day. And a 39 year old parade at night. The FLE is WAY too little, WAY too late. And the lack of other additions around the property is discouraging considering how badly DHS and DAK are in need of MORE ANYTHING!

Its very troubling. But the fanbois say, "It's a business. They have to make money."

Last major additions:
MK-Splash 1992
EC-Soarin' 2005
DHS-RNRC 1998 (don't count LMA or TSMM)
DAK-Everest (1 addition in the park's 14 year existence.)

But hey! We have tons of DVCs!

Yup. DisneyParks. It's really just 1 ginormous park. Spread all over the world. All across the globe.

Yep, I can really enjoy Carsland and Mystic Manor from Florida!

Bottom line here is the question of why WDW and the MK in particular are still breaking attendance numbers despite so few new attractions? FE is being built more out of necessity of space than average people screaming for new attractions. One could even argue that the MK doesn't need anything new at all.

Believe it or not though all companies do it. Marketing studies buying behaviors. Everything you do, every website you visit and voluntarily click on(facebook is the biggest obvious example right now) watches what you like and your buying behaviors.

I don't really like/love it either. But it is nothing new. Just a new way to do it.

Yeah, Target does this a lot. I read a while back that a 16 year old girl bought a pregnancy test there. A few weeks later target sent some coupons for diapers and such in the mail.

Apparently she hadn't told her parents yet.

How is that ignorant? I follow the Fantasyland expansion pretty closely and besides being very pretty it is really isn't what it could be. I don't think Mermaid is going to be the innovative experience everyone thinks it's going to be and I don't think the Mine Train is either. SO far the only part of this expansion that I am genuinely excited for is the BOG Restaurant. Honestly Universal was stuck in the same rut a few years ago and I had the same issues with that. Magic Kingdom is the #1 most visited park in the world, why is it first on the expansion list? When Epcot and Hollywood Studios clearly need a new ride more..