Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I went on Spider-Man yesterday for the first time since it was redone. The wait time was posted as 20 minutes, but it was a walk-on (this was around 6:00ish in the evening). Really enjoyed it! The new screens & additions are wonderful.

And as several posters have mentioned, it was the same procedure with the 3D glasses - TMs handing them to you before the ride and taking them at the end.

^I took off around 7ish, were you there later because I was wondering how the weather was after that?

^I took off around 7ish, were you there later because I was wondering how the weather was after that?

Yes, I was there till after 10:00. :smiley: Oh boy, the weather. I grabbed dinner at Moe's around 7:00 and it started raining. It was still lightly raining as I grabbed a spot for the parade, and then off and on. Did a lot of waiting......

By 9:00 and on, no more rain. Whew! Cinematic Spectacular started on time at 9:00, with the parade happening afterwards (after 9:30).

Rode the new Spider-man for the first time last Saturday. My draw dropped during the first scene at the animations. You really can count the stitches on Spidey's glove. Spotted Stan Lee three times throughout and caught a quick chuckle. My only gripe with the newly re-done ride is the newly done score. The techno-esque sounds somewhat bother me, and I would prefer if they kept the old bits instead. Besides that, the ride is even greater than before. I caught this, the Superstar Parade, and Cinematic Spectacular all in one day. I got pretty lucky.

Got to ride this for the first time yesterday. Wow! I never thought that the ride really needed the refurb, as it always held up extremely well in my opinion, but it made the ride so much better. I was sceptical after seeing the earlier clips and thought the attraction looked like it was getting a much darker color pallet which didn't go well with Spider-Man in my opinion. When I hit the first film part, my scepticisms were instatly dropped and so did my jaw. Everything about the update was perfect and the added time in certain scenes really added to the story. As for the new score, I felt it fit really well and it seems to match the sound that the Amazing Spider-Man movie is going for, so no complaints for them matching the modern feel that the franchise is taking. Universal really did everything right with this one.

in my own opinion...i didn't like it that much at all...prob will never ride it again

HOWEVER LET ME MAKE MY CASE CLEAR.

those new 3d glasses vs. my prescription glasses....usually 3d glasses don't affect me. they are big enough to usually go over my glasses. these don't.
spent the entire ride spreading my glasses' arms apart and holding the entire thing up to my eyes as close to my glasses as i can get them the entire time...and is it me or did the new 3d lens get smaller on them???

those new 3d glasses vs. my prescription glasses....usually 3d glasses don't affect me. they are big enough to usually go over my glasses. these don't. spent the entire ride spreading my glasses' arms apart and holding the entire thing up to my eyes as close to my glasses as i can get them the entire time...and is it me or did the new 3d lens get smaller on them???

You must have some big glasses then because I find the new 3D glasses fit much better over my prescription glasses then the old 3D glasses ever did. You could always just start wearing contacts, that would solve everything...LOL. :thumbs:

So Universal seems to have a bit of a problem, in the unload station the lap bars come up while the car is still moving.

This has caused problems both on my visit yesterday and a few weeks ago.

Yesterday, a man who obviously had some mental problems got up while the car was still moving. This caused them to stop the ride, which I can understand. However, then an employee came up to his face and yelled "DO NOT STAND UP IN A MOVING VEHICLE." in an extremely loud and rude tone.

So Universal seems to have a bit of a problem, in the unload station the lap bars come up while the car is still moving.

This has caused problems both on my visit yesterday and a few weeks ago.

Yesterday, a man who obviously had some mental problems got up while the car was still moving. This caused them to stop the ride, which I can understand. However, then an employee came up to his face and yelled "DO NOT STAND UP IN A MOVING VEHICLE." in an extremely loud and rude tone.

It's not a problem.

Once the third row is almost next to the platform, the vehicle hits a trigger point on the floor next to the track. This tells the door to unlock and open. As soon as the door is all the way up the lap bars unlock. The vehicles then continue moving until they reach the end of the platform. If a vehicle is in the second unload zone then it stops in the first unload zone. The vehicles have always done this.

What you saw was not a Ride Stop, only a Station Stop. It's easy to reset so no big deal there.

And while you think the TM could have been nicer, the man did present an immediate safety hazard. And safety ALWAYS comes before courtesy, anywhere. The only way sometimes to keep somebody safe is to shout a command, or be very stern. I know this from experience.

It's not a problem.

Once the third row is almost next to the platform, the vehicle hits a trigger point on the floor next to the track. This tells the door to unlock and open. As soon as the door is all the way up the lap bars unlock. The vehicles then continue moving until they reach the end of the platform. If a vehicle is in the second unload zone then it stops in the first unload zone. The vehicles have always done this.

What you saw was not a Ride Stop, only a Station Stop. It's easy to reset so no big deal there.

And while you think the TM could have been nicer, the man did present an immediate safety hazard. And safety ALWAYS comes before courtesy, anywhere. The only way sometimes to keep somebody safe is to shout a command, or be very stern. I know this from experience.

Perfect representation of a FREQUENT situation.

It's not a problem.

Rude and stern is different. There's ways to keep people safe without getting angry and rude.

There are, but they don't work. In my experience at least, people just brush off the kindness. If there is an immediate safety issue, you need to get their attention FAST. I've seen this many places.

I used to work in a warehouse style grocery store. We would frequently have to bring a forklift out into the aisles to pull pallets off the top of the shelves. Protocol was to close the aisle we are in and the one next to us. As I'm pulling a pallet off a lady crosses the barrier at the end of the aisle and into my "fall zone." The Fall Zone is the area that the lift may fall into if it tips over. So if the load is 13 feet in the air, then the fall zone is the 20 feet around my lift. My spotter is on the other side of the rack so he can't see her. I spot her and stop. I tell her "Miss please step back!" She then attempts to cross under my forks, under the load. I then shout "Miss you need to step back NOW! There is nearly 2 tons in the air that could fall on you! Step back NOW for your safety!" She got all huffy that I yelled at her and went to bitch at my spotter (who was my manager.) He then explained to her that it was a safety issue and that being nice doesn't matter when I'm potentially saving her from injury, which is true.

Another example was on Blazing Fury at Dollywood. There are swing gates that lead off the platform to the exit ramp. Somebody came down and wanted to ask the operator a question. The policy is that there are to be no guests on the platform when a train is not parked there. Well she hopped the gate and as soon as she did this the operators yelled for her to get behind the gates.

Point is, it's in most people's nature to just "brush off" kindness as not a big deal. Safety is a big deal, and when presented with a safety issue you need to get the persons attention FAST!

Someone saying "That guy wasn't very nice to me us, our daughter was standing on the platform and they yelled at her to sit down." is a lot easier to fix than someone being in the hospital on Universal's account.

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out but there is new audio for the unload section that is done by Stan Lee. I don't know if it's been there since the ride re-opened or if it was just added in a few weeks ago because I never noticed this before.

The audio has been there, you probably missed it when you were blown away from the new film. :lol: