Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
what are the two or three best houses USF has ever had for HHN in past years? Do you recall the names?

Definately an open ended question since a lot of people have favorites based on opinions, but my personal faves are, in no particular order:

Museum of Horrors
All Night DIE In
Body Collectors - OG
Dead Silence
The Thing: Assimilation
Havoc
Silver Screams
Psycho Scareapy - OG
Saws N' Steam: Into the Machine
The In-Between

Definately an open ended question since a lot of people have favorites based on opinions, but my personal faves are, in no particular order:

Museum of Horrors
All Night DIE In
Body Collectors - OG
Dead Silence
Havoc
Silver Screams
Psycho Scareapy - OG
Saws N' Steam: Into the Machine
The In-Between

Very curious to know what Museum of Horrors was like

It's so interesting to see the diversity in answers when it comes to people's favorite houses. Here are mine (no particular order):

Demon Cantina
Body Collectors (original)
Dracula: Legacy in Blood
Dead Silence: The Curse of Mary Shaw
Friday the 13th: Camp Blood

I think it's safe to say that out of Studio years the most "Favorites" come from 2006-2008. Island years are more sporadic. If I had to construct a top 20 list there would be a strong imbalance between best houses in 2006-2008 and the so called "New Era".

^ That house was on another level and it demonstrated the overall terror represented in the movie. An amazing house and in my top three.

I'm loving all the love for The Thing: Assimilation. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Not to stroke your ego but one of my favorite moments in all of my HHN going experience was going through Assimilation 4 times in a row during Stay and Scream. I had the whole house to myself each run and my adrenaline pumping so hard.

Not to stroke your ego but one of my favorite moments in all of my HHN going experience was going through Assimilation 4 times in a row during Stay and Scream. I had the whole house to myself each run and my adrenaline pumping so hard.

Just to have it alone would of been amazing but to do it 4 times alone...EPIC!

In no particular order.

Castle Vampyr
Demon Cantina
Body Collectors: Collections Of The Past

2008 is my favorite year.

Finally someone else says Castle Vampyr, I was beginning to think I was all alone on that one :lol:

Finally someone else says Castle Vampyr, I was beginning to think I was all alone on that one :lol:

It was before a lot of members time, unfortunately. It's crazy to me that I'm considered a Veteran and I've only been going since 2006.

And it was epic. That's right up there with walking through Body Collectors 2 with my Vault shirt on, first time scaring, my first house, and that one time an actor in American Gothic actually got an audible scream out of me.

Damn I'm old :lol:

I assure you if I moved to Florida earlier I would have more events attended. Most of my haunt friends started going regularly in 2005.

The houses in 2006 are kind of blurry. I just remember the highlights, thank god that's the start of digital era and there are videos. I don't know how members like Spook and Fade are able to remember all the houses.

I loved 2008 as a whole. Scary Tales that year was one of my all time favorites. I also really enjoyed the Dracula House from 2009 as well as SAW. the SAW house made you really feel like you were in the movie. The Legendary truth was a really well made one. I am a sucker for awesome sets and props moreso than scares. That is why I really would love Silent Hill. The atmosphere in silent Hill=amazing.

I hear yah Jake no doubt about it. Had I known how much fun I was going to have I would of been visiting even earlier myself. I guess I take for granted how lucky I have been to visit HHN for so many years. Given your love of Houses and the event overall Jake there are some I wish you could see thats for sure.

I hear yah Jake no doubt about it. Had I known how much fun I was going to have I would of been visiting even earlier myself. I guess I take for granted how lucky I have been to visit HHN for so many years. Given your love of Houses and the event overall Jake there are some I wish you could see thats for sure.

There's some I really wish I could have seen and the stories of how awesome and intense they were just rubs it in. I think that's what makes me appreciate my favorite years more and makes me not want to miss out on HHN and HOS.

I assure you if I moved to Florida earlier I would have more events attended. Most of my haunt friends started going regularly in 2005.

The houses in 2006 are kind of blurry. I just remember the highlights, thank god that's the start of digital era and there are videos. I don't know how members like Spook and Fade are able to remember all the houses.

THIS!

Spook knows more than I (don't tell him though his head is big enough already) as I went once along time ago before IOA was built and didn't go again until 2005.
I dont remember much from my first time, just the chainsaws running at the crowds waiting at the gate and the roaming SAs.
15. was a blur, literaly, I had lasik done three days prior and my eyes had not adjusted yet so I really had a hard time seeing in the dark.
16. decide to stay closer to home and just did HOS
17. I turned 40 at HHNs 17 and drank a lot, it was the end of October and some house waits were over 200 minutes.
18. was the first year I really, really enjoyed, went earlier in the season and pass holders got in early and that helped alot. Loved the zones and houses.
19. A great year, IMO, had lot of fun.
20. was the first year I did the tour and it was a double edged sword. I loved the tour it was great to get the photo ops and inside info. Not so great was to be told all the cool stuff in the house and NOT be able to see half of it during a walk through at night. The New Era left a bad taste in my mouth as I thought it was just OK.
21. was another great year, just with a really weak theme and Icon.

Scary Tales III
Catacombs
Dracula
Wolfman
Silver Screams

My favorites:

1. Winter's Night
2. Body Collectors: Collections of the Past
3. Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past
4. Dungeon of Terror: Retold (For obvious reasons. See: YouTube video)
5. ScreamHouse: Resurrection
6. Silver Screams