Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Ok, lets get this out of the way. Can any of you tell me what companies built the scoops, what company installed the systems and busbars, what company installed the lighting on, what company built the queue props for Transformers in California?

Been a couple years since Ive posted. But as far as subcontractors are concerned, the General will usually award all subcontracts for Divisions 1-16. UC will award subcontracts to all your specialty vendors such as ride systems, show action, animatronics, theatrical lighting, show sets, etc. This is why alot of the projects require so many "show producers" AKA project managers to manage so many vendors at once.

Teebin, dont you know who built the ride vehicles and system for Spiderman? I thought you had posted that information a long time ago...Could be the same vendor, not sure. Lexington is one of the major players in CA for scenic fab, and they also did quite a bit of work for Potter, including the locomotive. Im sure they got some work from Transformers also.

Ok, lets get this out of the way. Can any of you tell me what companies built the scoops, what company installed the systems and busbars, what company installed the lighting on, what company built the queue props for Transformers in California?

Oceaneering manufactured the vehicles for Spider-man and Transformers. They're literally right up the street from me. My source kept giving me playful hints during the fabrication of the 32 vehicles for the two Transformers installations. I haven't heard anything that they were dong Round 3, but I have since lost touch with him. So I'm not aware of anything that's been going on in the past 8 months. (If I did, I wouldn't tell anyways.)

The track design is that of Oceaneering, but I'm not sure who actually installed it. And I have no clue on the show stuff.

Lexington is one of the major players in CA for scenic fab, and they also did quite a bit of work for Potter, including the locomotive. Im sure they got some work from Transformers also.

Thanks MyMan. I forgot about Lexington's ride engineering supervision. Never did find out who they subbed for the train. Did you?

Oceaneering manufactured the vehicles for Spider-man and Transformers.

This Oceaneering? http://www.oceaneering.com/

Since checked... yep, that Oceaneering... they have their fingers in everything from the stars to the seafloor. Weird contract hire years ago... Would love to know the story of how they got involved... the choice is so wild yet perfect.

Last edited: