The Old KidZone Thread | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A major lift to Kidzone would probably include ET since when it does go down that ENTIRE area will be off the map so to speak. Also IMO it would involve a full blown makeover to ET and not replacing it. Another thing to think of is upcoming sequels to popular franchises as well as Spongebob. With the opening of Sponge Bob Storepants it could be a way of gauging interest for future endeavors.

This is what I had proposed in another thread when it came to redoing Kidzone and also keeping ET.

etplan2.jpg

Spongebob, without a doubt, is coming to this area in the near future, hopefully not in the place of ET . I also see Madagascar making a good fit into this area. Maybe Crate Adventure like that in Singapore?

Well what is Universal truly lacking? A water ride, and with the continued success of the Madagascar series its very possible we could see it used. If they include the original design and improve upon it (drops and all) I think it would be a GREAT and much needed addition to a bland Kidszone.

Would love to see,

Madagascar Flume ride
Spongebob Undersea Playarea (something like Ariels Grotto in TDS)
How to Train you Dragon layover to coaster and additional slow moving dark ride
Full Makeover to ET
New show and play area based on 2014 Woody Woodpecker film from Illumination Entertainment

Wishful thinking I know but how awesome would it be :lol:

I wish Kidzone had that much space for all that :lol: but whats the big deal with How to train your Dragon? It wasnt a very successful movie and one of the lamest Dreamworks movies ever created if u ask me.

Did they bring the Madagascar characters back for Meet & Greets for the new movie?

Yup. And it's also spawned a TV series, sequels, and a live stage show. So, you know, try to show a little respect. /Jurassic Park

Yeah, uh, I'd argue that How to Train Your Dragon is the best thing DreamWorks has put out, and it's all thanks to their decision to scrap what had been done with the project and bring in Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois (the guys behind Lilo & Stitch). They had an amazing team working on it and it took some pretty progressive risks for an animated children's movie. I'd love to see it get Studios representation and a dark ride would put me on cloud nine.

While I have lots of issues with Madagascar, I think it would translate wonderfully into a flume ride if, as others have said, you added a drop or improved the storyline (assuming we're talking a Crate clone thing).

And an E.T. makeover is imperative at this point, even if it's just a facelift.

I wish Kidzone had that much space for all that :lol: but whats the big deal with How to train your Dragon? It wasnt a very successful movie and one of the lamest Dreamworks movies ever created if u ask me.

Well I mean if you take out Animal Actors and the employee services building behind the Simpsons you have the room.

To each their own, but HTTYD is leaps and bounds better than either of those. Closest non-Pixar movie to ever have that "Pixar feel".

Totally agreed, without a doubt one of the better animated movies in the last 5-7 years.

I don't know if this has been going on for a while, but Orlando Theme Park News spotted Woody Woodpecker out meeting guests.........in Port of Entry at IOA. Is this a test to see how the character does elsewhere on property if he's kicked out of KidZone? I mean, they've definitely put some thought into his Islands of Adventure themed getup.

ibz0I6qpchiKju.JPG

ijJ0XJzs3NXd7.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.