Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW of little interest to the Disney Co?

Which park does TDO need to focus on the most?

• Total voters
The problem with DHS is that it has lost it's focus. You're newest E-Ticket can be bought for the Wii, your park's icon is a Pin Shop, and you added a 2nd stunt show for the sake of adding "something from another park", and added American Idol past the height of it's popularity.

The problem with DHS is that it has lost it's focus. You're newest E-Ticket can be bought for the Wii, your park's icon is a Pin Shop, and you added a 2nd stunt show for the sake of adding "something from another park", and added American Idol past the height of it's popularity.

TSMM isn't an E-ticket.:look:

But yes, I agree. They just haven't known what to do with the park.

See I think Hollywood Studios just needs to have attractions they know will stand the test of time(Muppets, Star Wars, Pixar,etc...). And keeps guests from all over the world and locals to come back time after time again.

I fear this rush to "fix" DHS. They shouldn't do anything without a clear long term plan and identity for the park. Using up all expansion land on Radiator Springs is a short term fix that does not correct the problems of the park. Radiator Springs and Toy Story Playland are nearly as reactionary and misguided as Avatar. Take time and think this out. Don't start burning money without a clear plan and vision.

I fear this rush to "fix" DHS. They shouldn't do anything without a clear long term plan and identity for the park. Using up all expansion land on Radiator Springs is a short term fix that does not correct the problems of the park. Radiator Springs and Toy Story Playland are nearly as reactionary and misguided as Avatar. Take time and think this out. Don't start burning money without a clear plan and vision.

I agree.

And let us not forget that the people you are entrusting to fix these things are the same people who allowed things to reach their current state. These are the people who closed PI. These are the people who let JKR walk. These are the people who put all of their eggs into the Avatar basket. These are the people behind DVC, price increases,
DDP, and cutbacks.

Clean house first. Expand when you have a real plan. Other than compelling attractions, DHS needs infrastructure improvements with logical crowd flow.

And let us not forget that the people you are entrusting to fix these things are the same people who allowed things to reach their current state. These are the people who closed PI. These are the people who let JKR walk. These are the people who put all of their eggs into the Avatar basket. These are the people behind DVC, price increases,
DDP, and cutbacks.

Clean house first. Expand when you have a real plan. Other than compelling attractions, DHS needs infrastructure improvements with logical crowd flow.

Despite that it isn't the biggest addition I feel like The Little Mermaid is a solid addition to the park. Solid being that it will stand the test of time. Case in point, when I was in target a few days ago a young girl grabbed a little mermaid shirt and ran to show it to her mom. Movie came out in '89 just for reference. Throwing carsland would be a quick fix but without cars 3, I don't know how long it would last. I say, look to the past and see what is still holding strong. Tron anyone?

Despite that it isn't the biggest addition I feel like The Little Mermaid is a solid addition to the park. Solid being that it will stand the test of time. Case in point, when I was in target a few days ago a young girl grabbed a little mermaid shirt and ran to show it to her mom. Movie came out in '89 just for reference. Throwing carsland would be a quick fix but without cars 3, I don't know how long it would last. I say, look to the past and see what is still holding strong. Tron anyone?

The problem with Little Mermaid is not the source material, but the ride itself. Cars and Tron I'd put on the same level, with Cars getting the edge with merch sales/potential.

Agreed, Tron is more of a cult classic with teens and adults, Cars appeals more to kids and is HUGE on merch sales.

Personally I think DHS needs a complete overhaul, top to bottom:

1. Replace Sounds Dangerous with something fun and interesting, maybe Star Wars related or not
2. Replase LMA and the whole backstage area with a brand new complete land, NOT Carsland but RSR is a pretty cool ride.
3. Update Fantasmic witht he new dragon and effects from DL
4. Empty out and expand the Narnia soundstage to include the indoor Monsters Inc coaster

The problem with Little Mermaid is not the source material, but the ride itself. Cars and Tron I'd put on the same level, with Cars getting the edge with merch sales/potential.

My post wasn't defending the attraction but in response to Disney mapping out long lasting attraction and why LM was a good call. And I was thinking Tron because it has old fans from the original, some new fans from Legacy, and the Disney XD show which seems to be hitting well with a wide audience.

I voted for Animal Kingdom. Honestly, Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama looks like the fair that comes to town once a year. Disney is capable of much better.

While I do agree with Animal Kingdom because its lack of things to do, there are some nice details in Dinoland. I love that they painted park spaces on the ground so it looks like they built everything on a parkinglot.

I voted for Animal Kingdom. Honestly, Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama looks like the fair that comes to town once a year. Disney is capable of much better.

Those are better maintained. When I saw Primeval Whirl this past week pretty much none of the spinning/moving effects were moving. The simplest of things, and they couldn't even maintain it. I guess that says something...

Those are better maintained. When I saw Primeval Whirl this past week pretty much none of the spinning/moving effects were moving. The simplest of things, and they couldn't even maintain it. I guess that says something...

I think that may have to do more with the death that occurred there. The attraction went down for a long time last year for refurbishment and I think some of the effects, as a result of the death and other injuries that have been sustained on the attraction, were deemed unsafe and "removed".