Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to the lions and lamps, have we considered that these details may not be installed anytime in the near future? I was thinking about it, and details like that would give away the London theme, which Universal may not be ready to do since they have yet to make an official announcement. Sure, the fans may know exactly whats going on, but the average park guest might have some questions regarding why a random London-themed waterfront has popped up near an area currently under construction. I can't help but wonder if it may be closer to the expansion's opening when we see this wall in its completed form.

Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but I wanted to throw it out there (this is strictly observation, based on nothing I've heard).

^Yes, that has been brought up. It has also been said that if Uni does go this route, they will set up nondescript theming such as basic planters and contemporary style light posts.

^Yes, that has been brought up. It has also been said that if Uni does go this route, they will set up nondescript theming such as basic planters and contemporary style light posts.

I think these are the lights we'll have for the foreseeable future.

IMG_3292.jpg

Having said that, I think they just want the area open asap. They'll slowly finish the area as they can. I don't think the lamps or lions will give anything away more than the wall already does.

I see. And here I was thinking that I'd had a real lightbulb moment that would enlighten my fellow enthusiasts... :mean:

Those over the wall pictures are discouraging... And especially because they appear to be from this past Saturday, just two days ago...

Pat, I think we would all agree that those details will be coming later. Even if this is so obviously Victoria Embankment, and even though word was going around before Jaws even closed, Uni will keep trying to keep it as much under wraps as possible.

It's ok happens to me all the time both here and behind the curtain.

Those over the wall pictures are discouraging... And especially because they appear to be from this past Saturday, just two days ago...

Pat, I think we would all agree that those details will be coming later. Even if this is so obviously Victoria Embankment, and even though word was going around before Jaws even closed, Uni will keep trying to keep it as much under wraps as possible.

I think people are giving tourists too much credit. Most people aren't familiar with Victoria Embankment. Our very own JungleSkip went to London this spring and didn't recognize it. UK tourists will recognize it without the lions or lights. Universal just wants this open asap so they can get on with the rest of the expansion.

Having said that, I think they just want the area open asap. They'll slowly finish the area as they can. I don't think the lamps or lions will give anything away more than the wall already does.

Agreed. As I said before, I'm certain the vast majority of guests have no idea what the embankment is. Adding details won't change that.

The remaining work there isn't all that hard. Concrete is easy to pour. They can have it done for Friday.

I'm really sorry if this question has already been asked/answered, I don't have time to read all 366 pages :look: but does anyone know the opening date of this? will it be open next summer of is it a longer construction?

Aww okay, thank you. Will proboably be going up again around then so hopefully I will get to see it soon after opening. :happy:

The remaining work there isn't all that hard. Concrete is easy to pour. They can have it done for Friday.

Maybe they'll just have a bare concrete path by the water's edge and a wall. I was expecting a bigger area open, with planters and all that in. I do see how it can happen, but just as another narrow concrete path. Oh well, better than nothing, and a nice spot to watch the lagoon.

North Station/Kings Cross/9 3/4
Stair on BLD64D/64E is between two structures. Verify whether stair if functional or for appearance only. If function provide code compliant details.

Skylights shall be tested by an approved independent testing laboratory. Provide to the City of Orlando Office of Permitting Services Florida Product Approval, Miami Dade NOA, or ICC NES evaluation report on skylight (s). The product approval shall include the installation details.

BLD 64E is the train station. BLD 64D is the one between the station and Gringotts.

Sorry for the short notice, but there will probably be a news story about the Universal construction on Wesh (channel 6) in Orlando tonight at 7. I was contacted by a reporter about doing an interview with me to go along with a helicopter flight over Universal. I hated to not take that opportunity, but I had to decline because I have too much inside info and did not want to ruffle too many feathers at Universal. We all know most of what is going on, but to get on camera and "spill the beans" for those who are not as connected to what is going on as this group, seemed like a bad idea.

But Hopefully they were able to get some new overhead video. It is good to see the local media get the word out that there is a lot going on.

I will probably DVR it, and head down to take a look at what has happened the past couple days. I will be surprised if a lot has happened the rain and storms have been pretty consistent the past few days.

Sorry for the short notice, but there will probably be a news story about the Universal construction on Wesh (channel 6) in Orlando tonight at 7. I was contacted by a reporter about doing an interview with me to go along with a helicopter flight over Universal. I hated to not take that opportunity, but I had to decline because I have too much inside info and did not want to ruffle too many feathers at Universal. We all know most of what is going on, but to get on camera and "spill the beans" for those who are not as connected to what is going on as this group, seemed like a bad idea.

But Hopefully they were able to get some new overhead video. It is good to see the local media get the word out that there is a lot going on.

I will probably DVR it, and head down to take a look at what has happened the past couple days. I will be surprised if a lot has happened the rain and storms have been pretty consistent the past few days.
I think Attractions Magazine took them up on the offer. Thanks for the heads up though.

From what I saw today (no pictures, I wasn't actually "in" the park), they've still been moving steadily on the basic structure for the Gringotts show building. That's all I could really see from where I was. Looking forward to any ariel shots (if they even do any because it seems Universal doesn't want any kind of public acknowledgment about their ongoing construction projects with details like that), and it should be interesting if they mention the discussions on the various message boards (again, somewhat doubtful if they value their connections with the park). I'm guessing it will just be a short fluff/filler piece about "there's some unknown construction going on, keep your focus on us and we'll tell you when they announce something," and maybe some more site images from the Cabana site since it has already been announced.

Wish I could watch / DVR it, but I'm halfway to Miami right now and won't be near a TV for a couple of hours :( Hopefully someone will put it on YouTube or it'll be on the news station's website. BTW, isn't WESH / NBC channel 2 in Orlando and CBS channel 6? It's like that in Volusia County, but I thought it was like that in all of Central Florida :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.