Food Prices | Inside Universal Forums

Food Prices

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 3, 2010
Florida
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering what the food prices are in CityWalk compared to buying food inside the theme parks?

Thanks!

It's a bit cheaper than eating in the parks per se..but that also depends on where you choose to eat in the parks or Citywalk. My fav restaurant to dine in around the area though is the Golden Corral across from Universal on Kirkman Road. The selection and variety is top notch. :thumbs: And it's not a super expensive buffet either. It's always busy so you'll never have to.worry if the food is fresh. And if you don't like buffet style restaurants there is a TGI Fridays across from Universal on Kirkman at the intersection of Major Boulevard. :cheers:

It's a bit cheaper than eating in the parks per se..but that also depends on where you choose to eat in the parks or Citywalk. My fav restaurant to dine in around the area though is the Golden Corral across from Universal on Kirkman Road. The selection and variety is top notch. :thumbs: And it's not a super expensive buffet either. It's always busy so you'll never have to.worry if the food is fresh. And if you don't like buffet style restaurants there is a TGI Fridays across from Universal on Kirkman at the intersection of Major Boulevard. :cheers:

Thanks so much! Going to HHN tonight!

Other than Mythos and Finnegan's (and Three Broomsticks to an extent), most of the restaurants in the parks are traditional theme park fare and could cost the same as some of the stops outside in CityWalk, which does have certain places of better quality food. If you are looking to sit-down and enjoy a meal instead of picking a quick stop, than definitely dine at Margaritaville. Fairly reasonable prices and great burgers and fish tacos. If you're looking to keep your wallet full, there is an Ale House across the street that serves pretty much what M-ville serves at a cheaper price.

I think CW is more expensive just because Its mostly full service rather than quick service in the parks. I eat inside the park before I get caged up to wait out HHN.

I think CW is more expensive just because Its mostly full service rather than quick service in the parks. I eat inside the park before I get caged up to wait out HHN.

Agreed but its money well spent. As for the GOLDEN CORRAL OH BARF!!!!

214t4dy.jpg

We ate at NBA City yesterday and got a chicken sandwich for like $11 which isn't all that bad plus I got 10% off with my AP. You can keep it cheap if you drink water and don't get apetizers. Food was good also.

Just wanted to chime in as somebody who has received employee discounts at both UOR/WDW.

Eating at Mythos as a UOR employee costs about the same as a trip to Friday's.
Eating at any Epcot restaurant as a WDW employee costs about double that.

Even without my discounts, I never looked at the Mythos menu and though it was even close to expensive. Seems like the same prices you would pay outside of a park, and significantly cheaper than anything Disney offers.

Just wanted to chime in as somebody who has received employee discounts at both UOR/WDW.

Eating at Mythos as a UOR employee costs about the same as a trip to Friday's.
Eating at any Epcot restaurant as a WDW employee costs about double that.

Even without my discounts, I never looked at the Mythos menu and though it was even close to expensive. Seems like the same prices you would pay outside of a park, and significantly cheaper than anything Disney offers.

Even with TM discounts I still don't eat in CW except at the food court place.