2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard 2015. 2014 would stomp all over BGW's HUGE 2014 plans... Then 2015-2016 would be the coaster years for both parks... 2015 for Tampa, 2016 for Williamsburg... Just like always.

Not that I'm all too informed on the going on's in Tampa, but I normally get vague information about how Tampa's plans coordinate with Williamsburg's. This info is about a year old as well, so its possible things got switched around... And lets not forget it's only been 2 years since Cheetah Hunt. It'll have only been 3 since it opened if they get it in 2014. I hear the next two coasters the Busch parks are sposed to get are to be rather grand in scale and intensity... So if anything happens so soon in Tampa, I'd imagine plans have shifted to something lesser...

I wouldn't mind seeing something like Wild Eagle at Dollywood....two areas that need work/could use something new is the Bird Gardens are and the Gwazi Park area..I wouldn't mind seeing Gwazi park redone as well to look a little nicer.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like Wild Eagle at Dollywood....two areas that need work/could use something new is the Bird Gardens are and the Gwazi Park area..I wouldn't mind seeing Gwazi park redone as well to look a little nicer.

I really did not find WE all that impressive or thrilling, compaired to what BGT already has, Thunderhead was the best thing there.
Yes they could put a couple bucks into GP maybe some stadium seating would be nice and a tree line around the perimeter.

There is no height restriction in Orlando. It's just that the major theme parks don't go over 199' because they don't want to have to put the red flashing beacon on top that the FAA requires on anything 200'+

Oh wow, didn't realize that! But I guess I just heard wrong.

Anyways, doesn't the Incredible Hulk have the red beacons? The parks are just way to picky! :p

I just don't see them going for 2015 with Potter opening up. No one wants to compete with that. So a push up to 2014 is still possible.

Who says anything about competing with potter? If anything, potter would be able to help them out! Universal and BGT's Demo cater well to each other yes? Booking SEA owned park trips and Uni trips rather than Disney.

Am I the only one hoping Comcast buys the Busch parks?

For some reason BG and Dark Rides dont really seem to mesh in my mind.

This dark ride at BGW is excellent
250px-CurseOfDarkastle1.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Florida needs an airtime machine!

Although White Lightning at Fun Spot might fill that need soon. :thumbs:
\

Which is why BGT needs an Apollo's Chariot copy

Who says anything about competing with potter? If anything, potter would be able to help them out! Universal and BGT's Demo cater well to each other yes? Booking SEA owned park trips and Uni trips rather than Disney.

Am I the only one hoping Comcast buys the Busch parks?

I would love to see Comcast buy the parks. As for competition it's possible they could help Busch Gardens in attendance, heck in 2010 they were the only park in Florida outside of Universal that didn't have a decline in attendance :lol:

This dark ride at BGW is excellent
250px-CurseOfDarkastle1.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

\

Which is why BGT needs an Apollo's Chariot copy
After talking with Mark Rose a few years back and asking him whether we would see a dark ride like this at BGT..he simply said that Darkkastle is a poor man's version of Spiderman and most likely an attraction like that would never come to Tampa...then again he did say he didn't like launching coasters and Cheetah Hunt clearly showed us he changed his mind

When I think of BGT I think of Coasters and Animals. Obviously because thats all it has, and quite honestly it does well with what it has. I'd much rather have BGT stick to doing what it does best- creating rides out of immersive environments with animals.

^Well I have heard some of the guests from South America say they enjoy Busch much more than the Orlando parks.

Dark Ride:
I think Busch could use a good dark ride badly. There isn't much to do around the park that isn't outside in the heat/cold.

Hyper-Coaster:
I really don't think Busch will get a Hyper any time soon because of the height restrictions. Yes, DT Tampa has the tall buildings....but DT Tampa is about 20+ minutes south on I-275 (If you're doing the speed limit) Most of the land around the parks is the suburbs. Lots of residential areas around it. So really anything over SheiKra would be a stretch...as well as something else for the locals to complain about.

Height and Water line:
For a huge coaster bigger than SheiKra to go in, you are going to need some pretty decent footers. And depending on the model and manufacturer of the coaster would depend on how deep into the ground they would go. And going into the water table with footers would make it much less stable because of the softer earth.

Gwazi land:
As some of you might have noticed, some of the satalite shots of the park are pretty old. And from what I have seen on Bing and Google, there is less land on that plot now than there was then. And there isn't events that take place behind the coaster. The coaster backs right up to the garage and a storage building then a little patch of open land in the north-east part of the lot. But the Gwazi lot as a total is roughly 400ft x 500ft. Yes a big space, but maybe not as big as some might think.

The park could use both a hyper coaster and a dark ride. If it were up to me, I'd place a dark family ride in the plot of land behind Gwazi, build a hyper over the African Serengetti, and bring a new update simulator ride in place of the old Akbars Adventure Tours.

The park could use both a hyper coaster and a dark ride. If it were up to me, I'd place a dark family ride in the plot of land behind Gwazi, build a hyper over the African Serengetti, and bring a new update simulator ride in place of the old Akbars Adventure Tours.

That could be in the works based on how the new dark ride at SWO goes over, not fact just speculating a possibility here

Status
Not open for further replies.