Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

What about a possible park entrance from Cabana Bay? You see that at Disneyland with the Grand Californian Hotel

They build them all the time. There are no regulations that would stop them from building one. Vail Ski Resort just opened a brand new one in November:

http://www.vail.com/mountain/new-vail-gondola.aspx

And they are an amazingly economical transportation system.

Vail is a nice place.

- - - Updated - - -

What about a possible park entrance from Cabana Bay? You see that at Disneyland with the Grand Californian Hotel

If this resort was as extravagant as the other three, or like the $500 per night Grand Californian, then you would see a separate theme park entrance. I think Hard Rock Hotel has a better chance at getting a theme park entrance to USF than Cabana Bay to IOA.

I agree as well, not that the gondolas are tackey, they look wonderful on the side of a mountain at a ski resort but they just don't fit the theme of the hotel or OUR as a whole, even FL for that matter. I know BTG still has a sky way but that is really a way to observe the animals not exactly a prefered mode of transportation through the park. There has to be a way to create a pathway that fits the atmosphere and makes it easy for the guests to travel around the resort.

That was to reply to a few posts up and missed picking up the quote-sorry that's what I get for multi-tasking!

Last edited:
From AmusementPics

Cabana Bay is coming along REALLY quickly! The first building is already two stories tall and the second has started the first floor.

ilBvHIhK4YD79.jpg

3rd floor is going up on the first building today. Looks like they have a pace of one floor per 48 hours. Does anyone know how many floors it's going to have?

I know the main entry building is something like 9-10 floors

3rd floor is going up on the first building today. Looks like they have a pace of one floor per 48 hours. Does anyone know how many floors it's going to have?

That is crazy! I have never really looked into hotel construction, but I would imagine that this is fast, correct?