Rhino Rally Expansion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Rhino Rally Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I never got to go on RR when it originally opened... it broke down when we were there.... I did ride it in 2011 and enjoyed it, we got remarkably close to a rhino!

I never got to go on RR when it originally opened... it broke down when we were there.... I did ride it in 2011 and enjoyed it, we got remarkably close to a rhino!

Cool ride when it first opened and then a rover flipped sending people to the hospital so the entire circuit slooooowed way down making it just boring IMO.

I rode it for the first time last year and it was such a big disappointment. It seems like it was a much better ride when it first open. I really do hope they do something to spice it up.

Having recently went back to Busch Gardens, I went on Rhino Rally for the first time ever (yeah, really). Last time I went the lines were far too long to justify getting on it, and after riding it they haven't justified my wait at all. The other section of the course seems to be shut down, which is a shame.

I feel like Busch Gardens emulated the wrong ride for Rhino Rally. I feel like they ignore the whole family, I know they were aiming for everyone with Rhino rally but I think they would be better suited to a river adventure. In my mind a Jungle Cruise ride works, show me some self awareness BG. Victoria fall if you must, but I think some sarcasm and real animals would separate you from the pack.

From Screamscape:

General Park News - (11/14/13) Has Rhino Rally closed for good? While Rhino Rally closed once again at the end of the busy summer season, it was expected that Rhino Rally would reopen once again sometime between Spring Break 2014 and Summer 2014 when the crowds arrived. This may not be the case any longer, as the latest word from Screamscape sources claims that the attraction is now likely closed for good and the immediate area will be used to expand the park’s elephant enclosure to allow for a breeding program.

Buh-bye Rhino Rally, you were great... not really. Good riddance!

Personally I'd love to see it replaced with something along the lines of High in the Sky at IOA, just a relaxed ride to observed some of the animals

They already have a train and a SyRide.
Precisely this. Showing my age now, but I remember when they still had the monorail.

People are always demanding more rides, but quite frankly I'd like to see Rhino Rally converted into another animal walking trail similar to Edge of Africa. I know they offer it during the upgraded jeep tours, but I'd like to see them add a permanent giraffe-feeding encounter as well.

Aww that's sad I like rino rally, sure it got neutered but it shouldn't have been put down. That area used for it is gorgeous and worth going on it just for the delicious atmosphere. It's also fun to laugh at the story where a dumbass explorer gets lost 10 feet from the finish line. But yeah this was a childhood favorite and if that area will only be used for VIP tours... Might have to kill a flock of flamingoes

Aww that's sad I like rino rally, sure it got neutered but it shouldn't have been put down. That area used for it is gorgeous and worth going on it just for the delicious atmosphere. It's also fun to laugh at the story where a dumbass explorer gets lost 10 feet from the finish line. But yeah this was a childhood favorite and if that area will only be used for VIP tours... Might have to kill a flock of flamingoes

Don't worry. Rhino Rally is coming back next month. I ran into a group of drivers fresh outta training touring Pantopia.

Don't worry. Rhino Rally is coming back next month. I ran into a group of drivers fresh outta training touring Pantopia.

[video=youtube;p9JPGJ1h7tY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9JPGJ1h7tY[/video]

I hope the ride is at least better scripted this time around. What a waste of real estate (my personal opinion).

Rhino Rally was open yesterday. I didn't ride it cause my kids are too little, but i did ask how long it would be open. They told me it is still seasonal and would close again after summer nights.

So the rumors of Rhino Rally's removal have started up again on Theme Park Review:

From coasternut:

One piece of new information from Busch today. This was announced by the "train person." Rhino Rally is closing forever after Monday's operation. Not a big fan, but this one "bites the dust."

From aCoasterStory:

FWIW, I was told earlier this year when I asked if/when it was re-opening that it would be open for Summer Nights and then probably closing for good sometime thereafter.

So today might be Rhino Rally's last day of operation. Kind of a short notice if you ask me, but since this is a seasonal attraction, I'm not that surprised they'd close it without fanfare.

Assuming this is reliable info, this may finally mark the end of Rhino Rally. IMO I will not miss this attraction one bit! But we'll just have to play the waiting game and see what happens...

I'll definitely miss this attraction, many hours of my childhood spent here. Whatever though, hopefully it'll actually get a replacement instead of just leaving the area for fancy shmancy tour groups

Confirmed. Last Day of operation for Rhino Rally, the Vekoma adventure Safari. You will be missed R.I.P. (2001-2014)

Check out my video on Facebook (Jonathan Sangiorgio)

One of the drivers did say that a new ride could be coming in the future, but not anytime soon. :(

I see why..the ride really lost anything when the water portion left..and that wasn't that great in the first place..the ride also cuts off a huge chunk of land that could be used for future expansions (rides, animals, etc)...see ya later Rhino Rally