Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2013

I don't like the billboards this year. They seem plain and not creative, which is odd considering everything creative going into the parks.

There not bad IMO, basic and streamlined. Something Universals marketing team has worked on doing, making the advertising simpler but more powerful.

I have been on the float before, it is really cool. You get to keep a ton of beads and coins too :) Be prepared to get tired though, because my arms were a little sore throwing so much stuff out, because you have to be fast to get through all the beads!!!!

I did it the year that paying with an AMEX allowed you to ride on the float.

Decorations are up.

http://www.amusementpics.com/UONN13.htm

20130131-069_zpse8157d68.jpg

20130131-068_zps30132d93.jpg

20130131-017_zps061657ce.jpg

I am getting SOOO excited for Mardi Gras. It comes in a close 2nd behind HHNs as my favorite Universal Event.

Agreed! I love the parade, the beads and doubloons, the food, and (apart from the insane crowds) the FREE concerts are great, too!

Got my call to be one of APH Float Riders today at 11am.

Congrats! :thumbs: I forgot to sign up :bonk: Maybe next week...

No kidding, Amex. Do you know what you have to do as a card member to qualify Bob?

Not positive on the AMEX thing. I'll look into it.

Anyone else know?

Edit

AMEX is the Official Sponsor of Universal Orlando VIP Tours. Not a cheap package, see here --> VIP Tours at Universal Orlando

Or, I could be completely wrong with AMEX. Although I am sure it's a preferred viewing area.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Bob. That makes sense that it would be for a VIP tour.

What happened to the Universal Credit Card? Is there a rewards/affinity card for Universal anymore?

I have been next to that stage and it is a viewing area, I got the impression it was friends and family of the band. But I could be wrong and it could change year to year.