Lurkers & New Members: PLEASE READ | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Lurkers & New Members: PLEASE READ

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've got something to share with you guys. Did anyone know that while I may be the top poster, 25% of my posts are behind the scenes so to speak and never seen by 99.9% of the community.

I forgot to look back on this thread since my last post. I'm not sure what you are saying?

Hello all. Been a lurker here since 2010. I got hooked on this site before my first trip to Orlando. Since I finally set my password to something I can remember I will probably be logged in more and maybe actually post.

Welcome, I lurked for a while too until this last summer when everyone was asked to register an account.

Hello all. Been a lurker here since 2010. I got hooked on this site before my first trip to Orlando. Since I finally set my password to something I can remember I will probably be logged in more and maybe actually post.

Welcome back! :cheers:

Most of us were lurkers before joining. I can't say it enough how worthwhile it is to sign up and join the conversations! I've enjoyed these past few years so much, and I've learned a lot of interesting and exciting stuff along the way! :thumbs:

Hey All! Another long time lurker here, impressed by the sheer amount of informative updates and knowledgeable people on this site.

I have been a Universal passholder since moving to Orlando in 1995. I remember walking through a nearly empty IOA during the soft-opening. It blew my mind. Awesome theming for each area.
The Lost Continent was my favorite island. The Enchanted Oak was the favorite restaurant for my then-girlfriend and I and I loved the dragon statues that guarded the entrance to Dueling Dragons. (It's a terrible shame that the castle is gutted, statues removed, the dragons renamed and they no longer even duel)

I was upset when I heard that Harry Potter was going to be taking over part of the area. :fist: But I am very happy for the rebirth that has come from that success. And I've learned to love the Three Broomsticks. Frozen Butterbeer having a lot to do with that. :happy:

Very much looking forward to Transformers and Springfield and whatever comes after that!

Also a passholder to Busch Gardens and Seaworld, though I do not get there as much. I initially had passes to WDW, but as the quality went down, I didn't feel it was a good value for me anymore. Anyway, just wanted to say a quick "Hi" and Thanks for all the great posts! :smiley:

Hello Everyone.

My name is Robert. I am a 24 year old guy living in Dallas, Texas. I have been a longtime "lurker" on the site, like 5 years, but decided to join after reading about the Secret Stash... I am 24 years old and attending school for Hospitality Management. I currently work at a spa managing the front desk and customer service departments. I have been working in the field for about 6 years. My dream always has been to become an Imagineer to design the rides and hotels. My focus shifted over the last few years to work in the customer service side of everything. Making everyone's day perfect is what I like to do.
My passion for Disney started around the age of four on my first trip. I started buying every vhs, dvd, and book I could get my hands on with coverage of the Disney parks. I was very loyal and held a strong allegiance to the Disney parks on both coasts. I had no interest in going to "Not Disney," aka Universal and SeaWorld. That all changed though when I found the Spiderman ride. It blew my mind, however that wasn't enough reason to draw me back. Then the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened. It reset the standard for in-park theming and experiences. I am now a strong lover for everything Universal is putting in their parks over the past couple years. We got to try Transformers in Hollywood and it was great also. So here I am following everything in the Orlando parks, United for my ease of use and viewing pleasure. I can't express how much we all appreciate the constant updates on the parks.
I recently got accepted to the UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management and will be relocating to Florida in December, 2013. I was hoping some of the locals could give me some advice on areas they recommend to live, and other areas to avoid. I've heard from alot of people Orlando can be quite ghetto when stepping outside of the tourist areas. However, coming from a big city like Dallas, I think I should be able to handle myself. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me or send me an email if you get the chance or would like to talk. Thanks and I look forward to talking with and eventually meeting everyone.

Robert

Yeah I totally forgot about this, I'm terrible with short term memory.

Dr. Phillips, Winter Park, and Oviedo are all great places to live an highly recommend looking into these places.

:welcome: Robert!

Congrats on your acceptance to Rosen College! I am not so familiar with residential areas in Orlando, but hopefully some of the other members will be able to help you out :thumbs:

Thanks HTF and Felipe. We'll see if I can afford Doctor Phillips on a college budget lol. I can't wait to get out there and start meeting people. We will be taking our last "Disney Family Vacation" this December. I'll be apartment hunting in the mornings and visiting the parks in the afternoon and evening. After that, it will be a family reunion coming to see Robert... HOW EXCITING! Will definitely need to join a meetup to find some other theme park fans out there. Again thanks all. Looking forward to seeing you on the forum and in the parks.

EAT MY WORDS... GOT IT WORKING

Last edited:
Hello all! I've been lurking on here for a while, and I'm not ashamed to say I spent an hour or two last night going through all of the Universal Studios threads. UOR is easily one of my favorite places in town, so I'm looking forward to discussing everything new with all of you!

:welcome: WadeWilson! Glad you've decided to come out of lurkdom! :thumbs:

Definitely the UOR threads are the place to be right now! :thumbs:

See you around the forum! :wave:

Hello all! I've been lurking on here for a while, and I'm not ashamed to say I spent an hour or two last night going through all of the Universal Studios threads. UOR is easily one of my favorite places in town, so I'm looking forward to discussing everything new with all of you!

We're glad you decided to join the forums, welcome aboard.

:welcome: