Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 288 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
In the Photo I see the Shrek/Donkey meet and greet. I heard that where is a waffle stand there. Is this true?

Donkey has a Waffle Cart in USH. When they pulled out the meet and greet last year and word came that it would be returning, rumors/speculation came about that we could see it return with that waffle cart set up.

Man all this waffle talk is making me hungry. Where is HtF when you need him ;)

Walking into work todayi watched them install an odd looking metal contraption to the cornor of the building that faces Mels. I'll try and snag a picture if I can. At first i thought it was a fire escape, or a way to evac from that second door garage door. Now im thinking it's just a theming piece.

Reactions: Felipe
img_20130210_182238.jpg

the nest logo is finished. By the time i was finished rockit they had that all finished but it was dark and my camera phone wasn't having it.

thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

IMG_20130210_182238.jpg

The nest logo is finished. By the time I was finished Rockit they had that all finished but it was dark and my camera phone wasn't having it.

Thanks! :thumbs: Looks very nice!

Walking into work todayi watched them install an odd looking metal contraption to the cornor of the building that faces Mels. I'll try and snag a picture if I can. At first i thought it was a fire escape, or a way to evac from that second door garage door. Now im thinking it's just a theming piece.

Thanks for the tip! :thumbs: Hope you can get a pic!

Steel went up by the upper door closest to shrek, few pictures when I leave the park. Really bad data connection, thanks sprint.

Edit: I'm home, since there's no new posts I'm just going to go ahead and edit this with the pictures I got today.

http://imgur.com/a/JiLIF

I mostly focused on the new steel, they were also adding supports on the lagoon side. It's not nearly as large as this one though, looks more like something to slide something else into.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy and Felipe
Thanks for the pictures 609. That makes sense, and it will be interesting to see that corner finished..

On an unrelated note, when it was released I saw the original Transformers and did not like it one bit. I never followed up with the sequels because of this. After The Walking Dead last night (to better understand the jargon on this thread and in the ride) I caught the third Transformers movie. I really liked it. It surprised me, as someone who doesn't like Michael Bay or the first movie. I thought it was a much better movie. Should I see the second film? Is the second film helpful to know in riding this attraction?

:thumbs: Thanks for the pics, 609! :rep:

I see what cquaz meant that it looks like a fire escape sort of thing. I'm just glad it doesn't have the shape of a Transformer :lol:

Maybe this is a base support for another, bigger element that sticks out? :shrug:

Thanks for the pictures 609. That makes sense, and it will be interesting to see that corner finished..

On an unrelated note, when it was released I saw the original Transformers and did not like it one bit. I never followed up with the sequels because of this. After The Walking Dead last night (to better understand the jargon on this thread and in the ride) I caught the third Transformers movie. I really liked it. It surprised me, as someone who doesn't like Michael Bay or the first movie. I thought it was a much better movie. Should I see the second film? Is the second film helpful to know in riding this attraction?

Personally i liked the first the best and the second i didnt like at all..

I think any attraction in general makes sure that they give you all the info people need in order to understand the attraction, remember they have to design it in such a way that it is easy to understand assuming that not everyone who rides watched any of the movies.

If you want to get more info & the origin of NEST, the facitlity of where the ride takes place, it all starts in ROTF, so Id watch it just for more detailed info regarding it.

But no, technically you dont have to watch it in order to understand the plot of the ride.

great photo updates...I am just throwing my 2 cents in as I do every few months lol but I actually love the way the building is looking and I think it is going to look exactly like what I would picture a transformers building to be. huge and made to look like its fortified of heavy material all the cement and steele look deco. Think it will be amazing with actual transformers on it as well. btw I read the forums on here almost every day and appreciate everyones effort to getting these things on here for fans like us who want to see every detail and update.

Reactions: Andy
great photo updates...I am just throwing my 2 cents in as I do every few months lol but I actually love the way the building is looking and I think it is going to look exactly like what I would picture a transformers building to be. huge and made to look like its fortified of heavy material all the cement and steele look deco. Think it will be amazing with actual transformers on it as well. btw I read the forums on here almost every day and appreciate everyones effort to getting these things on here for fans like us who want to see every detail and update.

Couldn't agree more and thanks for being with us!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's one picture i grabbed on lunch. Enjoy.

Excellent!