Springfield Expansion | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I may have missed this being mentioned, but apparently the Kwik-E-Mart is testing a new facade with a section of 3-D bricks.

Amusement Pics has a picture up of it.

http://t.co/pqrapsqh

Thanks for the head-up and link to the update! :thumbs:

That's gonna look nice on the Kwik-E-Mart. Plus, more and more progress visible on Moe's and the other restaurant facades. I also notice they've painted the fence around the extended queue; looks good :thumbs:

I'm totally fine with a Ferris Wheel as long as it's like Mickey's Fun Wheel. Much more interesting than the traditional spinner.

And if we're putting giant ugly grey boxes up in the park, it'd look better than that.:lol:

I'm not sure if I've seen or posted these permits for 971, but here we go:

BLD2012-08616
"Kiosk and ride structure"

and

MEC2013-00086 (which is connected to the above)
"Stand alone Kiosk building with RTU"

The first was posted in December right around time Orlando changed their permitting site and made it nearly impossible to search. the second was posted in January. Nothing juicy is mentioned in either, but there have been footer inspections and lintel/tie beam inspections.

I really would like a ferris wheel like mickeys fun wheel, i think it would be a fun ride for them to have, but idk if it would look right in Springfield.
Mickey's Fun Wheel is MASSIVE!

tumblr_mer40hjfEa1rntya2o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
If they built a ferris wheel, in a couple years the people at the top will look out and see the Orlando Eye and say "Oh lets go to that much larger ferris wheel over there!"
I'm personally hoping for a swinging pirate ship ride.

If they built a ferris wheel, in a couple years the people at the top will look out and see the Orlando Eye and say "Oh lets go to that much larger ferris wheel over there!"
I'm personally hoping for a swinging pirate ship ride.

...Or say "Why pay extra for the Orlando Eye when this Ferris Wheel is already included in my UO admission."