Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 305 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
SeaWorld just announced Antarctica is set to open May 24th... Memorial Day weekend. Any guesses on how/if this affects Transformer's opening?

It won't, IMO.

SeaWorld and Antarctica don't stand a chance against TF and Universal's ability to market (even though I think Antarctica could end up being the stronger attraction overall).

TRFSSupplyVault_zps79144f7a.png

It seems like everyday the building is making more and more changes and it looks damn near complete. I'm really impressed how USO is moving along on this project and thanks go out to all who keep updating all of us here with these great photos!

I wouldn't be surprised to see this open in time for the spring break crowds that will be descending on Orlando fairly soon. It's hard to imagine that a year ago, a rarely used sound stage building was standing there and most of us theme park fans never gave it a second thought. I certainly never expected the USO management team pulling the trigger on building Transformers this quick and making it a reality in under a year. I guess I'm used to Disney's approach on planning and building new attractions for their parks which they drag out for years.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this open in time for the spring break crowds that will be descending on Orlando fairly soon.

Despite the phenomenal timetable, I'd be shocked if any day guests rode this before the end of Mardi Gras. Enough that I'd easily bet a glass of energon on it not being quite ready for day guests at that point.

I'm really hoping it's open by June when I go - been looking forward to this ride. Also, remember, just because the building is near completion doesn't mean the ride is - for all we know, they could be working really slow on the ride itself.

Wow, thanks for those pictures! :rep: Huge difference in what, a day?

They are almost done hiding the speakers and beginning the entrance sign!

I guess the Donkey Meet & Greet has made a lot of progress as well, probably confirms there are no plans for that baby to leave anytime soon.

The progress on this attraction is incredibly impressive!

Plan on going the first week of June with some buddies, what makes you guys so sure this will be open by June? Haha

The progress on this attraction is incredibly impressive!

Plan on going the first week of June with some buddies, what makes you guys so sure this will be open by June? Haha

Well 1st off, Universal has said it will be opening summer, & summer starts in June, so if its open by then, than it coincides with what Universal has said.

2nd, the fact that they have blocked out all of July for AP power pass holders, so they are definetelly anticipating bigger crowds due to it opening by than.

3rd, just by the look of all of the exterior progress, as it seems it should be just a few weeks now.

& 4th, people have said they already started ride cyclying & the gift shop will be opening next month.

& 5th, just because I want it too!!!! & I know you do as well, especially for your June trip!!!

- - - Updated - - -

& of course, another sign of coming even closer to completion will be the crane coming down, I cant wait to see that, that & the walls coming down!!!!

:doh: The amount of hatred I have for the way that building stands out from across the lagoon is ridiculous.
Granted, the theming has exceeded my expectations. It is just horribly, horribly out of place IMO. Most DEFINITELY looking forward to see how they incorporate something as colorful and detailed as an autobot into a big grey box.