Guilty Pleasures in the Parks | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Guilty Pleasures in the Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm obsessed with the Beetlejuice show. Like. Obsessed. I think I've seen every single recording on YouTube and I can distinguish between actors and choose which performers I prefer for each character. I made every showing when I was there over the summer. I don't even know.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I love the Carousel of Progress. My family/friends complains every time we do it, but I can't get enough.

Yeah, this is a good shout. We only saw it because Buzz gave us free fast passes for it (even though there was no queue), but it's very interesting. The fact that it was air conditioned on the day of our holiday it was the hottest also makes me remember it in a good light :lol:

Don't feel guilty about that one! Your family/friends are just bitter! :lol:

They just don't appreciate a true Disney attraction. "We want to ride a ride..blah, blah, blah." :lol:

Yeah, this is a good shout. We only saw it because Buzz gave us free fast passes for it (even though there was no queue), but it's very interesting. The fact that it was air conditioned on the day of our holiday it was the hottest also makes me remember it in a good light :lol:

Fast Passes for Carousel of Progress? :lol: That's awesome. I have never seen one and now want one.

Dr. Doom's Fear Fall: Yes, there isn't much to this ride but it always provides me with a quick thrill, it's wait time is almost always non-existant, and I love the theming of the queue.

Poseidon's Fury: Yes, this show is super cheesy but I LOVE the architecture of the inside and the general story. Not to mention the water tunnel is always cool and the inside is always refreshing on a hot day.

Cat in the Hat: It's for kids......but I still love the out-of-control chaos of the ride. It perfectly captures what it feels like to be a kid with ADHD.

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit: Still not sure why so many dislike this ride....it's true that it does stick out like a sore thumb but the ride itself is fun as hell (even if the cars can be pretty herky-jerky at times), and it provides stunning views of the park at night. It really is art in motion.

Despicable Me: Another one that's more of a kiddie ride, but I still love the heck out of it. Reminds me of Hannah-Barbara in it's mad-cap lunacy and fun.

Ripsaw Falls: My personal favorite log flume ride. I don't feel all that guilty about loving this ride, it's been good to me most of the time and it always gets me the perfect amount of wet. LOVE IT!

It's A Small World: I've never found the titular theme song all that bothersome to be honest, and it's always a good way to escape from the crowds and just chill for a few minutes...not to mention it's such a charming ride it's kind of hard for me not to like it.

Carousel of Progress: A staple from my childhood, it's always a nice way to rest and recoup before I get back on my feet.

The Seas With Nemo and Friends: A throwback to the Disney rides of old. It's never very crowded, and it's nice and dark on the inside.

Gran Fiesta Tour- The previous incarnation of this ride was a gazillion times better than what we have today, that said the line is usually pretty short and I love the sceneary in the ride (especially the opening scene with the pyramid). it's a good way to kill a few minutes and makes for yet another relaxing escape.

Dinosaur- Another ride where I don't get all the hate. It's fast, fun, and thrilling. I still consider this to be better than Everest.

Reactions: Felipe
I can't think of one guilty pleasure... if I like it I like it no need to feel guilty about it, just enjoy it.
Not trying to sound upidy at all but no one should have to feel bad about liking what they like. JMO

Camp Jurassic: Wow! I could explore there for forever. It is literally so much fun and so well detailed. I just feel weird being somewhere intended for smaller kids.

Maelstrom: OH MY GOD, I love this ride to death. It's so cheesy that its great!

One Fish, Two Fish: Really fun to ride with another person, especially when you can't understand the song and you don't want to get wet!

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin: Tacky sets and crappy guns. Still, I always keep coming back.

The Seas with Nemo & Friends: Cute ride and a pretty awesome queue.

I feel no guilt over my pleasures at all... but I know that many patently disagree with the things I find very entertaining and wonderful.

Mission: Space
Burger Digs
Animal Kingdom (not so much the animals, but the plants)
Hard Rock Hotel's park like grounds. (Which are open to all who visit the parks and include a wondrous separate canal that flows from the main Citywalk river into a lagoon. Oooooh!)

I can't think of one guilty pleasure... if I like it I like it no need to feel guilty about it, just enjoy it.
Not trying to sound upidy at all but no one should have to feel bad about liking what they like. JMO

I see what you're saying. I was more using the figure of speech. But that's a good thing to bring up. Nobody should feel really ashamed of anything they enjoy.

I feel no guilt over my pleasures at all... but I know that many patently disagree with the things I find very entertaining and wonderful.

Mission: Space
Burger Digs
Animal Kingdom (not so much the animals, but the plants)
Hard Rock Hotel's park like grounds. (Which are open to all who visit the parks and include a wondrous separate canal that flows from the main Citywalk river into a lagoon. Oooooh!)

Gotta say I'm shocked to see MS on there Teebs. But I agree. I loved Horizons and miss it, but I still like MS. Probably has a lot to do with me wanting to be an astronaut as a kid.

I've never eaten at Burger Digs. What do people have against it?

It is just junky food... crap American fast food in a theme park. I should have specified 'Burger Digs and the outside balcony'. I have never eaten indoors.

Agreed on such a massive level and another reason I'm not excited about getting a Krustyburger in June.

I've got one, the Curious George water play area. If you get up on the top balcony with the water canons you can sometimes reach some unsuspecting victims who think they are out of range. I get such a kick out of it and can't tell you how many people I have pissed off by getting them wet. All I can say to them is your in a water play area what do you expect :lol:

Reactions: Cwoolboy