Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't do it, NY sucks!!!

I love the concept art for that lazy river! :happy:

... If you wanted to stop me... You're too late :p
Not really, I still have two years before I graduate, but I honestly adore NYC and can't imagine being anywhere else. I want to study musical theatre, and the best schools for it are up there.
Anyway, back to topic - I agree, totally loving these additions, should be a pretty great hotel.

Good luck to all the Universal Employees who have to explain to tourists that the Cabana Bay BEACH Resort is not actually located on a beach. Obviously, Orlando is landlocked, but you'd be surprised. I think the "beach" word will cause a lot of confusion.

At least the pools will be themed like beaches :shrug:

... If you wanted to stop me... You're too late :p
Not really, I still have two years before I graduate, but I honestly adore NYC and can't imagine being anywhere else. I want to study musical theatre, and the best schools for it are up there.
Anyway, back to topic - I agree, totally loving these additions, should be a pretty great hotel.

Ahhh NYC, you must specify when you are talking to someone from New York State! Haha on a side note, whenever someone asks where I'm from and I say New York, I guess that automatically means NYC as if thats the only place in the state to live :p NYC is awesome, the state sucks (except in the summer) but expect higher prices for everything, gas and taxes for example!

Good luck to all the Universal Employees who have to explain to tourists that the Cabana Bay BEACH Resort is not actually located on a beach. Obviously, Orlando is landlocked, but you'd be surprised. I think the "beach" word will cause a lot of confusion.

There's already 2 resorts in Disney that have the beach name in it and they've done pretty well.

So based on the information given, I'm assuming that there will not be a "signature" restaurant that will entice non-hotel guests to visit. A food court alone is not worth the trip.

So based on the information given, I'm assuming that there will not be a "signature" restaurant that will entice non-hotel guests to visit. A food court alone is not worth the trip.

You think it's gonna be a food court? The other resorts have several food spots, with varying price points. Maybe this will also have several, and one of them being a diner-style with burgers and milkshakes, and then other with different varieties and price points :shrug: I hope so.

You think it's gonna be a food court? The other resorts have several food spots, with varying price points. Maybe this will also have several, and one of them being a diner-style with burgers and milkshakes, and then other with different varieties and price points :shrug: I hope so.

From the press release......

igPSxrN2MDtGw.png

So unless they are holding out on details, a food court and bowling alley/pool bar food is all CBBR is getting.

Reactions: Felipe
It's competing with Disney value, moderate, and IMO some deluxe. A food court is fine if done correctly.

I totally missed that. Thanks for pointing it out, BJCool!

Well, I guess it makes sense for the value resort... but I still wish that CBBR had a variety of restaurants, like the other on-site resorts.

All the Value Resorts only have a food court, this will have that and a little bit more with the pool "snack shack" and what I think is safe to assume pizza, nacho, and popcorn that will be served at the bowling alley.

I would expect the walkway bridge over Hollywood Way will be be quite elaborate, and in the manner of the parking garage walkways; covered and perhaps even having moving walkways.

CBBR is on par with AoA as a high Value type of resort. If I was expecting more than just a food court I would stay at one of the other, higher-end Universal Resorts.

- - - Updated - - -

I would expect the walkway bridge over Hollywood Way will be be quite elaborate, and in the manner of the parking garage walkways; covered and perhaps even having moving walkways.
Unless the moving walkways are going to go all the way into CityWalk, that would seem rather unnecessary.

CBBR is on par with AoA as a high Value type of resort. If I was expecting more than just a food court I would stay at one of the other, higher-end Universal Resorts.

Or, you know, just walk to the other resorts. I don't think I've ever stayed at a resort because of a restaurant. I also think it's their intention to eventually keep both parks open later and have guests shopping and dining in the parks instead.