Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 366 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Queues are where the story of an attraction starts. Normally they should be inside a building protecting guests from the weather and introducing guests to the story of the ride. If they are outside there is some sort of theming and they are tucked away where they cant be seen. This queue is right next to a main pathway and doesn't include any theming, or protection from weather. Along with the fact that people will have no difficulty jumping the line.

For Universal yes the queues are usually hidden away, but not always (Hulk). And I wouldn't say they always start telling the story (Spider-man, MIB, ET, Dragons, FJ, Ripsaw all have their most extended queue not telling any story at all). Fact is it's a reality of life for many other queues. Obviously your amusment parks, but even down the road. Small World, Peter Pan, Spaceship Earth, Dinosaur, TSM all have exteded queues that are outside and tell no story what so ever.

Like one thing that they could have done too is make the extended outside queue like a target practice range for NEST recruits showing posters of Decepticons with targets on their heads and such. And then the other half of the queue have NEST equipment crates or barbed wire fences just to keep you in that military theming. :shrug:

One of the things they have to be careful of is not completely destroying the theme of the area around it. An unthemed queue is odd when sitting in Monsters Cafe, but Decepticon posters and nest crates is just plain out of theme. I know they can see the building next door, but this queue is right next to them.

They don't wanna theme it? Okay. I'll deal with that. Let's put this in perspective: this sits in front of "The Big Grey Box" and Monsters Cafe. They didn't put bare switchbacks in the middle of the Wizzarding World. HOWEVER, offering no sun/weather protection whatsoever is downright ruthless. I don't care if Spiderman is similar, they know better now than they did then.

They don't wanna theme it? Okay. I'll deal with that. Let's put this in perspective: this sits in front of "The Big Grey Box" and Monsters Cafe. They didn't put bare switchbacks in the middle of the Wizzarding World. HOWEVER, offering no sun/weather protection whatsoever is downright ruthless. I don't care if Spiderman is similar, they know better now than they did then.

No bare switchbacks in potter? No in the FJ garden queue they painted them brown and put shrubs on the perimeter, but the queue itself is the same . Not offering protection from the sun/weather? 1/2 of the MIB exterior queue, 90% of the spider-man exterior queue, all of the Hulk exterior queue, FJ garden queue, FJ bridge queue, FJ JP queue, Oliveanders queue, Bluto's queue, P-Flyers queue, T2 exterior queue (yes it has one), 1/2 of the Rockit queue. Not to mention all of the flat rides.

It was just as hot and just as sunny when all of those rides were built. This is nothing new.

The hulk queue is just as accessible to line jumping.

It will be fine.

Seriously? I know what you see there isnt ideal but a warning from anyone here, no matter how sincere or professional it may be, will fall on deaf ears. They aren't just gonna up and remove this and place it somewhere else because "guests will be uncomfortable". Space is limited, it is what it is. Dont wanna wait in the sun? Get there early or go on a cloudy day. (not directed at you personally, im speaking for everyone)

I didn't mean for it to sound like they should remove it! I mean't that we should offer them advice to put some sort of protection over the line, such as the covering I posted a picture of a few pages ago that would fit well with the theming. (All other outdoor extended queue's are rarely used and most offer some kind of protection with tree's. This is dead center in a concrete plaza and I don't foresee much of a line inside!)

Also, beware of line jumpers! Agree with the others, put some sort of barrier between the main street and this queue. (Other outdoor queue's that could be jumped like Hulk are visible to ride attendants whereas this one is far from their eye.)

Honestly we aren't even bashing Universal, just being realistic. I'm surprised they haven't thought of this stuff...although the ride still isn't open. Had a dream I was queueing for this ride last night! :thumbs:

Last edited:
No bare switchbacks in potter? No in the FJ garden queue they painted them brown and put shrubs on the perimeter, but the queue itself is the same . Not offering protection from the sun/weather? 1/2 of the MIB exterior queue, 90% of the spider-man exterior queue, all of the Hulk exterior queue, FJ garden queue, FJ bridge queue, FJ JP queue, Oliveanders queue, Bluto's queue, P-Flyers queue, T2 exterior queue (yes it has one), 1/2 of the Rockit queue. Not to mention all of the flat rides.

It was just as hot and just as sunny when all of those rides were built. This is nothing new

And how often does that half of MIB get used? Rarely. People wait in the mostly shaded area then get ushered in line. Spiderman has enough interior queue that you can avoid the exterior expect for extreme situations, but from the sound of it TF will be a tight squeeze inside. Hulk I'll give you some what, but it also lacks a ride building in the first place. I bet they dont expect the lines they got for the wand shop. Bluto's walks you outside a lot, yes. But the majority of the time you end up standing is covered. I doubt 95% of people on here know T2 has an outside queue, let alone have ever stood in the thing. And do flat rides compare to the new mega eticket? No.

Regardless of whether or not it's been done before, it doesn't make it any less lazy or cheap now.

And how often does that half of MIB get used? Rarely. People wait in the mostly shaded area then get ushered in line. Spiderman has enough interior queue that you can avoid the exterior expect for extreme situations, but from the sound of it TF will be a tight squeeze inside. Hulk I'll give you some what, but it also lacks a ride building in the first place. I bet they dont expect the lines they got for the wand shop. Bluto's walks you outside a lot, yes. But the majority of the time you end up standing is covered. I doubt 95% of people on here know T2 has an outside queue, let alone have ever stood in the thing. And do flat rides compare to the new mega eticket? No.

Regardless of whether or not it's been done before, it doesn't make it any less lazy or cheap now.

I went to Universal once in the summer a couple years after T2 opened (not sure why we decided to go in the summer), waited in that T2 exterior queue. Never again...

Also, when you have weather situations like a thunderstorm or a tornado warning, will you still be waiting in the queue outside? You'd run for cover, then have to get in line all over again. Not sure how often it would happen but I'm sure when it does happen the people in the outdoor queue won't be happy about it.

Exactly what I was trying to say and out of all the busy time's I've been at the parks, I have never been stuck outside for the Hulk (even in a 45 min. wait,) only 5 minutes under a covered area for Spidey, and NEVER outside for Hollywood Rip Ride! The other "outdoor" queues are fast and keep you moving (they aren't particularly switchbacks for half an hour!)

Looks like today was a good example of Uni needing to add some shelter to the queue! Imagine already waiting in that line for 30 minutes and a nasty storm rolls through!

Looks like today was a good example of Uni needing to add some shelter to the queue! Imagine already waiting in that line for 30 minutes and a nasty storm rolls through!

I think they would tell people to go inside the nearest building until the weather dies down since there were tornado warnings nearby. They would probably give them a ticket that would ensure that they would be able to save their spots in line. Just like when WWOHP over crowds, they hand out return time tickets.

I didn't say they were all comparable, I was simply highlighting that it is a standard. Using the queue at MIB is rare. At Spider-Man however the building can hold a 30 min wait, that's all. The exterior queue is used every day. The part with no shade what so ever is used every day in peak periods.

And yes, they did know the wand shop was going to need a queue. That is why day 1 before they opened they had tons of those potter themed stations sitting around waiting.

I went to Universal once in the summer a couple years after T2 opened (not sure why we decided to go in the summer), waited in that T2 exterior queue. Never again...

Also, when you have weather situations like a thunderstorm or a tornado warning, will you still be waiting in the queue outside? You'd run for cover, then have to get in line all over again. Not sure how often it would happen but I'm sure when it does happen the people in the outdoor queue won't be happy about it.

The T2 one is brutal. nice concrete walls too.

On a day like today the covering in outdoor queues doesn't do anything, the wind just blows the rain right in.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they would tell people to go inside the nearest building until the weather dies down since there were tornado warnings nearby. They would probably give them a ticket that would ensure that they would be able to save their spots in line. Just like when WWOHP over crowds, they hand out return time tickets.

At the point where they clear out the queue they really could care less about the spots in line, they clear out queues for safety. They would open the chains and say get out of the line and go in ___ building.

Looks like there's some more progress on the sitch with the column in the front of the building... Earlier, from @OrlandoInformer:

[HASHTAG]#Transformers[/HASHTAG] @UniversalORL building needs a little love after the storm

BGKHnPCCAAA5lZn.jpg

And also by @OrlandoInformer:

I absolutely love the lighting effects of the [HASHTAG]#Transformers[/HASHTAG] @UniversalORL building at night

BGKWB4SCMAAFH2W.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cwoolboy