Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hmm... a small example of why I offered last July that 18 months was the absolute latest that something could open. The 18 month max came from within UC. Imagine if this had happened 5 months ago... just imagine it. How is the gringotts partial siding holding up?

Hmm... a small example of why I offered last July that 18 months was the absolute latest that something could open. The 18 month max came from within UC. Imagine if this had happened 5 months ago... just imagine it. How is the gringotts partial siding holding up?

I never checked so I have no idea.

Is there any significant damage in Islands of Adventure?

IOA was just a bit messy from all the leaves and small branches. The only significant things were that netting for the Hulk was all torn up and wrapped around the pole and the new tree by the new ticket kiosks fell over.

6E1A87D0-A1D0-4664-B18F-16985A63D78B-1160-000000777ED5ECB4.jpg

D4A43BCE-AC02-426C-ABF7-3E8DBFD9FC08-1160-00000077813D42BD.jpg

I never checked so I have no idea.

IOA was just a bit messy from all the leaves and small branches. The only significant things were that netting for the Hulk was all torn up and wrapped around the pole and the new tree by the new ticket kiosks fell over.

D4A43BCE-AC02-426C-ABF7-3E8DBFD9FC08-1160-00000077813D42BD.jpg
Seems the extent of the damage was in the Studios. Thanks for all of the pictures! :thumbs:

Didn't see anyone post a pic of it so not sure if anyone was aware, but the jewelry tent near rockit completely blew over during the storm, leaving a mess of merch and broken tent in the path in from of HRRR.

The only significant things were that netting for the Hulk was all torn up and wrapped around the pole and the new tree by the new ticket kiosks fell over.

Overnight crew was scrambling to get the above net replaced. As far as I know project was completed and Hulk will open on time

Is that birds I hear? Thanks.

Definitely, I wonder if the banner is going to be a different design or are they going to keep the design like the one that got torn in the storm.

Definitely, I wonder if the banner is going to be a different design or are they going to keep the design like the one that got torn in the storm.

It may remain the same at this point, as they have bigger fish to fry. A few here remember that that the original banner was ripped to shreds within weeks or a month after the grand opening by a similar storm. As I recall... that took about a month or two to replace.

It may remain the same at this point, as they have bigger fish to fry. A few here remember that that the original banner was ripped to shreds within weeks or a month after the grand opening by a similar storm. As I recall... that took about a month or two to replace.

I remember that! But I don't remember it being open yet, but I could be wrong. Wasn't it a tornado that tore it off?

Edit: I found it! This is where the first picture of Rockit post tornado was shown, funny read.

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?10-Hollywood-Rip-Ride-Rockit/page92

Last edited:
I remember that! But I don't remember it being open yet, but I could be wrong. Wasn't it a tornado that tore it off?

It may have been before opening... I just remember that the attraction was getting a severe rap already... and the banner just had everyone rolling their eyes and wondering if it had been cursed. I also remember one of the times I visited a month later and a car had bottomed out on the first drop and it was shut down. It was not however a tornado. Nothing else was damaged in the storm that pulled through, and it wasn't as bad a storm as this last one... by a long shot.

I would look for the banner to come back exactly the same. They are designed to rip under a certain stress to avoid damage to the structure or to the fastening system.