Universal ScreenPlay | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal ScreenPlay

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The unofficial ones are never as accurate as the real ones. They depend on people updating them when in the park. I agree, Uni needs to get on the boat and make an app like Disney has. It is very useful when I am in Disney and allows me not even to grab a map sometimes to see show times because it is on my app. Now that Disney has Wifi and I don't have to depend on cell signals, it is even better.

TouringPlans.com has an unofficial wait times app, and that takes their own historical data and augments it with in-park submissions. I've found at WDW they're quite accurate, more so than WDW's own info.

I mean, I guess this is cool or whatever - but "so what?". I certainly hope Universal has aggressive plans for this app. Imagine interactive queues with the augmented reality characters giving you passwords, tips, tricks, etc. Whole stories could unravel around the park in virtual form that futhers the "in real life" experience. The possibilities are endless.

I mean, I guess this is cool or whatever - but "so what?". I certainly hope Universal has aggressive plans for this app. Imagine interactive queues with the augmented reality characters giving you passwords, tips, tricks, etc. Whole stories could unravel around the park in virtual form that futhers the "in real life" experience. The possibilities are endless.

This would be a cool response to Disney's NextGen initiative. Granted, I would hate to see Universal push these efforts as far as Disney has, but adding a little something here and there without disturbing that which already exists couldn't hurt.

It is augmented reality but really it is pretty cool. A clever promotional way to not only be promotional but to spice up an area that is going to be construction walls for a good long while yet. Kudos for something fun.

There are four augmented reality posters (Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, Jaws, and Tranformers), and 20-some(?) posters that have polls and quizzes on them. Answering them awards you with a video and points, which can unlock additional scenic "props" and frames for the picture part of the app. ALL of the posters are by the Diagon Ally expansion; the posters by Springfield are NOT part of the experience.
It's nothing MAJOR, but it's a fun way to spend some time if you're not in a rush to get everything done and have someone like-minded to play with. I imagine the primary purpose of this app is not to be a massive game-changer or anything, but as a "market experiment" for Universal to see what kind of market is there for smart-phone apps for park guests.

I imagine the primary purpose of this app is not to be a massive game-changer or anything, but as a "market experiment" for Universal to see what kind of market is there for smart-phone apps for park guests.

You are correct. UO always likes to test things out before they go large scale. For example for FJ they tested the hand packs at blutos, the tested the belt operation at Rockit, and they tested the screens in the queue at Disaster.

Popsong1 posted this video of the app in use.....

[video=youtube;IwUNtAMykLE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwUNtAMykLE[/video]

^ Yea, I've tried it and it's ok. I would much rather have a reliable wait-time app with info such as opening and closing times, show times and special event info.

From Universal News

iAVmRgNHOAu8Z.png

So looking at a USH photo update, I noticed something I'm surprised was never brought up here, since it might make a few people mad/jealous.

Ushwaittimes.com

Now I don't know how accurate or well updated it is, but still. Share the love Universal :lol:

Last edited: