Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 372 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I tried to get a look at the side of the building to see if any switch backs are set up yet but nothing. I'm gonna say and mind you this is a total guess that the entire queue will be able to hold a 2.5-3 hour wait. I'm thinking 45 mins inside and around 90 mins worth of normal queue space outside. Then add in roughly another 60 mins worth of temporary switch backs at the ready similar to what you see at Despicable Me. So if its a three hour wait, your going to spend over two of that in the sun...

Better bring some sunblock and an umbrella for that wait :lol:

Congrats, welcome to the club!!!!

It's my first UNi Pass. All these years in living in Orlando it's always been Disney Passes haha!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm used to the heat and actually enjoy it, the extended ques wont be a problem for me. However I do notice a lot of tourist don't stay hydrated. I always wondered in very popular rides why not have a drink stand somewhere near/in the outside que! So people don't have to get out of line. May help. Even if it's open only for Apil-October

Just a sample general public perception...My niece was at Universal on Monday after winning the orlando cheerleading championships this past week. She said she & her fellow cheerleaders were very impressed with the Transformers' building, gift shop and Bumblebee Meet & Greet. Though a small sample, its promising that general public teenage girls liked what they saw. And coming from Pittsburgh, that could be indicative of a "tourist" perception of Transformers.

Thanks for sharing this, I think many of us tend to forget Universal is aiming to please the general public and not us theme park nerds.

The general public is impressed with Rockit, too. Doesn't mean it's not ugly as sin and a terrible coaster.

And if there's only 17 minutes worth of queue inside...That is another failure on Uni's part. As I've said since the beginning, I can't wait for this ride. But everything else about it just points to poor, poor planning.

The general public is impressed with Rockit, too. Doesn't mean it's not ugly as sin and a terrible coaster.

And if there's only 17 minutes worth of queue inside...That is another failure on Uni's part. As I've said since the beginning, I can't wait for this ride. But everything else about it just points to poor, poor planning.

Plus side of having a majority of the queue outside is every rain storm we get will clear out the line so once they pass the line will be next to nothing :lol:

It's my first UNi Pass. All these years in living in Orlando it's always been Disney Passes haha!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm used to the heat and actually enjoy it, the extended ques wont be a problem for me. However I do notice a lot of tourist don't stay hydrated. I always wondered in very popular rides why not have a drink stand somewhere near/in the outside que! So people don't have to get out of line. May help. Even if it's open only for Apil-October

Once you exit the dungeon part of the queue for Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey and go into the greenhouse, there is a drink stand to the left :thumbs:

I only recall about 20-30 minutes of waiting inside at Universal Studios Hollywood. The rest was done off to the side, outside but under tarps with a video playing and some props.

I only recall about 20-30 minutes of waiting inside at Universal Studios Hollywood. The rest was done off to the side, outside but under tarps with a video playing and some props.

LA and Orlando do not have the same weather. Hence why the DLR queue plans for WDW were quickly altered (see HM awning).

A massive outdoor uncovered queue on pavement is stupid. Plain and simple.

Hey, if the guests put in too many complaints about the heat, they can just take a note from Disney and hang tarps over the queue. :lol:

What did we expect with a ride that kind of just plopped in our faces out of nowhere? The ride barely fits in the plot so this kind of stuff is to be expected. IMO it looks better than USH and when the ride officially opens and there isnt a cover outside then complaints will be justified but until then why fret?

What did we expect with a ride that kind of just plopped in our faces out of nowhere? The ride barely fits in the plot so this kind of stuff is to be expected. IMO it looks better than USH and when the ride officially opens and there isnt a cover outside then complaints will be justified but until then why fret?

Aaaaaand this. :cheers: Exactly!

Have they given an idea of what month the ride will be opening? Other than just Summer 2013? Sorry if i've missed this in an earlier post.