Springfield Expansion | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I took these pictures on 3/23 just haven't had time to upload them. I'll still post them even though people have posted from today.

IMG_2723_zps26b53875.jpg

IMG_2722_zpsd01833fc.jpg

IMG_2721_zps5af2b9aa.jpg

IMG_2719_zps6df2e110.jpg

IMG_2718_zps358ce40e.jpg

IMG_2717_zps7781ca3c.jpg

IMG_2714_zps1d7497cf.jpg

IMG_2712_zps7b7e3bb5.jpg

IMG_2799_zpsbe5db27d.jpg

IMG_2798_zpsdcd7e1c7.jpg

Its interesting. I alternate back and forth between being excited for this project and being apathetic. I think the food service options are the only exciting thing for me.

Maybe I just don't like the Simpsons enough?

Also, its interesting that they need to build a round extension into the lagoon. I guess they must really want a round base for the ferris wheel.... :lol:

Thanks for the pics HTF and John!

Androids grew... New framework on KFP... and those Duff beer glasses with the fake beer look cool :thumbs: Haven't seen those before.

Its interesting. I alternate back and forth between being excited for this project and being apathetic. I think the food service options are the only exciting thing for me.

Come on, how can one not be excited for the dull-looking IFFF becoming this colorful, immersive, highly detailed new overlay? Simpsons or not, this is a huge improvement. I'm with everyone that the Sledge Homer is awkwardly placed there and doesn't fit in great, but honestly every time I see "Sledge Homer" it makes me :lol: So clever... :p

Maybe I just don't like the Simpsons enough?

Also, its interesting that they need to build a round extension into the lagoon. I guess they must really want a round base for the ferris wheel.... :lol:

The most exciting thing is that it's completely changing one of the worst areas of the park to a much more attractive area.

I wonder if that darker tan color on Moe's is just a primer? I also wonder what's taking so long with the exterior on KFP!!

And oh, looks like people waiting for the flat will get shade but people queuing for Transformers won't! :p

The most exciting thing is that it's completely changing one of the worst areas of the park to a much more attractive area.

Definitely. I mean personally I haven't watched an episode of The Simpsons in forever, but I used to all the time and I still love the Simpsons universe and it's character's. And I'm really looking forward to the outcome and seeing what Springfield look's like in Universal! I'm also interested to see what other extra hidden Easter eggs their are. Or maybe some interactive stuff?

I wonder if that darker tan color on Moe's is just a primer? I also wonder what's taking so long with the exterior on KFP!!

And oh, looks like people waiting for the flat will get shade but people queuing for Transformers won't! :p

Well...we are talking about two completely different settings of rides lol. Indoor ride vs. outdoor.

Also if you check out UOteam under the internal job postings right at the top of the page it says "Now recruiting for an exciting, new themed restaurant that will open soon and help bring to life some of our guests’ favorite experiences in an entirely new way – including many first-ever food concepts. Now accepting Internal Applications for the following Full-time, Part-time and Seasonal Food and Beverage positions:
Bartenders, Bussers (Non-tipped), Culinary: First, Second and Line Production Cooks, Greeters, Service and Service Cashiers, Stewards, Stockers, Team Captains and Waitperson/Cocktail Servers."

Also if you check out UOteam under the internal job postings right at the top of the page it says "Now recruiting for an exciting, new themed restaurant that will open soon and help bring to life some of our guests’ favorite experiences in an entirely new way – including many first-ever food concepts. Now accepting Internal Applications for the following Full-time, Part-time and Seasonal Food and Beverage positions:
Bartenders, Bussers (Non-tipped), Culinary: First, Second and Line Production Cooks, Greeters, Service and Service Cashiers, Stewards, Stockers, Team Captains and Waitperson/Cocktail Servers."
Nice catch! Announcement forthcoming I guess.

KFP will be fast service. Krusty Burger will also be fast service? I know Moe's is at least a bar/ possible sit down?

KFP will be fast service. Krusty Burger will also be fast service? I know Moe's is at least a bar/ possible sit down?

KFP and Krusty Burger are the same venue. Their facades lead to the same interior space. Moe's does as well, but Moe's is partially partitioned from the rest of the space.

All will be counter service/quick serivce, and I expect Moe's will only serve drinks.

KFP and Krusty Burger are the same venue. Their facades lead to the same interior space. Moe's does as well, but Moe's is partially partitioned from the rest of the space.

All will be counter service/quick serivce, and I expect Moe's will only serve drinks.

Moe's is 95% partitioned

Hahahah, all I can think about it Krusty signing off on one of those joint restaurants (like when you see a Taco Bell/Pizza Hut in one. Yes, those do exist.) with KFP. "Hey, hey, hey! Your old buddy Krusty needs the money right now, kid." :krusty:

HTF: So Moe's will be like a Zonko's/Honeydukes deal? Somewhat connected to the other venue?

No Moes is literally just a bar, nothing else. It's physically connected obviously but will be closed off from the restaurant portion.

No Moes is literally just a bar, nothing else. It's physically connected obviously but will be closed off from the restaurant portion.

See, I'll be visiting here very very close to my 21st in just a few months... you can understand my excitement when you say such things :happy: