Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

It is all a HUGE April's Fool Joke...Also Werewolves of London was not in an American Werewolf in London, It was in the movie The Color of Money with Paul Newman( however I did see David Naughton a couple weeks ago at a Horror Con in Charlotte....

Werewolves of London came out in 1978. In fact, Landis wanted it in the film but couldn't get the rights to it.

Last edited:
HHN Design team just strolled past me in Islands of Adventure, just saying...

What we do know:

1) It was stated within the past couple years that HHN would be coming back to dual park mode soon.
2) We do know (per solid rumors) that dual park was the original plan last year before other additions were decided upon instead.

What we don't know:

1) What made Hate think it was for HHN.. ? :lol:

If you were running this wouldnt you want more people? :inquisitive:

For sure you want more people. But you are likely to see more event nights before they jump to two parks again. They can do more houses without downtime of any attractions or money making resturants by holding the event at the Studios while Potter and the rest of IOA make money by day and evenings.

HHN could potentially make more money. And Marvel would be a great spot for HHN. I'm dreaming of the day we see some sort of apocalyptic scene over there again.

Potter isn't going to be an excuse to keep the event out of Islands for much longer as the brand will be in both parks.

How about Resident Evil's Raccoon City in Marvel for HHN's?

For the few people who were wondering if it'll just be IoA I think it's safe to debunk that it won't be exclusive to one park, especially with Transformers opening this Summer. That property will sell tickets for HHN and influence the Florida crowd with attendance. At that, I'll say HHN probably won't go to IoA just because they make so much money during October and September with special events that buy out Islands of Adventure.

IF IoA is used I expect them to go all out and use it as the primary park and only use the far left of Studios. That is where the bulk of the crowd pleasing rides are, and where the 3 best house locations are. Easy to sell event. Lots of logistics, but could definitely make a lot of money, and if ran properly lots of fan pleasing potential.

On the note of walking, I'd much rather have the walking and have more "crowd pleasing" attractions open. There are plenty of Floridians who would gladly pay the $50 for an HHN ticket and just ride rides, especially if Spiderman, Hulk, Mummy, RockIt, Transformers, Dr. Doom and Despicable Me are thrown into the mix. I'll gladly walk more if that will knock house wait times down by 20 or 30 minutes, and with that many E-Tickets it is completely possible.

Last edited:
Universal will definitely be open for HHN and it won't be limited to just IOA.

Jakemeister is exactly correct when he talks about Transformers and why it will be open.

Universal being open isn't the question. We're just throwing around the idea of extending the event over to Islands so to possibly run between both.

Jake, nice post

On the note of walking, I'd much rather have the walking and have more "crowd pleasing" attractions open. There are plenty of Floridians who would gladly pay the $50 for an HHN ticket and just ride rides, especially if Spiderman, Hulk, Mummy, RockIt, Transformers, Dr. Doom and Despicable Me are thrown into the mix. I'll gladly walk more if that will knock house wait times down by 20 or 30 minutes, and with that many E-Tickets it is completely possible.

Same here!! Apart from getting the extra rides at night, more space might mean more walking, but that also means crowds will be more spaced out, and wait times should be lower all around :thumbs: Hopefully!

Same here!! Apart from getting the extra rides at night, more space might mean more walking, but that also means crowds will be more spaced out, and wait times should be lower all around :thumbs: Hopefully!

Just to put it in reference, go to Busch Gardens Tampa during peak season. I know it doesn't pull the same numbers as Disney or Universal, but it still pulls big numbers. The highest wait for that park you will see on a peak day is an hour wait for Cheetah and maybe an equally long for Sheikra. A peak day at Magic Kingdom you could expect to wait 2.5 for Space Mountain and all around 90's and 120's for most of the park and Epcot will be floating much closer to 60's and 70's. Has a lot to do with size of the area. I'll take the extra walking for lower house waits and more attractions. I won't complain either if I lose another 3 or 4lbs on top of my HHN weight loss because of that.

Just to put it in reference, go to Busch Gardens Tampa during peak season. I know it doesn't pull the same numbers as Disney or Universal, but it still pulls big numbers. The highest wait for that park you will see on a peak day is an hour wait for Cheetah and maybe an equally long for Sheikra. A peak day at Magic Kingdom you could expect to wait 2.5 for Space Mountain and all around 90's and 120's for most of the park and Epcot will be floating much closer to 60's and 70's. Has a lot to do with size of the area. I'll take the extra walking for lower house waits and more attractions. I won't complain either if I lose another 3 or 4lbs on top of my HHN weight loss because of that.

Hear, hear! I could use the extra work out as well :lol: And, to be honest, I don't really notice/pay much attention to the walking when I'm in the parks because I'm so enthralled by everything around me... I will start to feel it towards the end of the day/night. But, hey, no pain no gain! :p

I've been hoping for a two-park HHN for as long as I've read about such a thing ever occurring, and dreaming it could occur again. I love the parks at night, and I'd love to see what they can come up with today for IoA, which I find especially enchanting at night.

I'm afraid to even mention Harry Potter because that's always a can of worms around these areas, but I think we're past that point with Phase II sealing the deal. If someone wants to argue that JKR and WB have not presented some grim, grim themes and characters in the books and films... Then you haven't read / seen them. I personally can't wait to see what they can do here. Mood lighting... Werewolf howls... Scareactors playing Death Eaters or even Dementors... Maybe even a Dark Mark projected on the castle, or something cool like that, for the nerds like me to totally :died: geek out over it.

Though, maybe they won't wan to do too much because such a novelty for the WWoHP would bring the hoards of fans who'll just want to stay there all night and it'd be the biggest fire hazard ever :lol:

Last edited: