Springfield Expansion | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have full confidence that Universal will announce this no later than Halloween Horror Nights. My sources tell me all shall be revealed by then. :lol:

When we finally do get an announcement for the Springfield expansion does anyone think we will get an opening date or will they be vague like they were with Transformers and just say its coming in the summer?

When we finally do get an announcement for the Springfield expansion does anyone think we will get an opening date or will they be vague like they were with Transformers and just say its coming in the summer?

I think they will be vague, with something like "also opening this summer..."
This is not as major as Transformers, but I would say it's a step above the Spider-Man upgrade, so I think they will make some noise about it, but I don't think they'll have a major marketing campaign around it. It might be the "side dish" to Transformers in the marketing for this summer. Hopefully they'll have a presentation similar to Transformers' in the lagoon, because that would be fun! And they'll probably include the new Springfield/Krustyland area in their #LikeYouMeanIt campaign.

Ok I don't know if the his been asked yet but is there going to be an entrance to springfield /krustyland as there isn't any in the studios like there is in IOA just wondered if there was going to be like a welcome thingie.

Ok I don't know if the his been asked yet but is there going to be an entrance to springfield /krustyland as there isn't any in the studios like there is in IOA just wondered if there was going to be like a welcome thingie.

There will be 2 signs. One for Springfield, one for Krustyland.

I'm pretty confident at this point we should see a joint announcement due to the delay. I think when they announce Springfield they will give us a Grand Opening date for both.

- - - Updated - - -

There will be 2 signs. One for Springfield, one for Krustyland.

Two signs for Krustyland and one for Springfield :thumbs:

So basically two sub lands with signs seamless transition from and to each part,

I wonder if the park maps will define it that way ???

So basically two sub lands with signs seamless transition from and to each part,

I wonder if the park maps will define it that way ???

Not really sure about park maps but its very probable. Gives the common guest "more" to do during there stay. Funny how something so small can actually have an effect on ticket sales :thumbs:

I agree it gives more to do I'm just wondering though as if it were me I would display as two sub lands as from the common tourist perspective when looking at the park map would go Oooooo look at all that we can do their, gives a whole lot fuller feel to that end of the park

I agree it gives more to do I'm just wondering though as if it were me I would display as two sub lands as from the common tourist perspective when looking at the park map would go Oooooo look at all that we can do their, gives a whole lot fuller feel to that end of the park

My point exactly

So when is this finally getting announced?

Anytime now, I'm actually thinking next week but with the delay and last minute changes I'm not sure.

Press conference and social media blast, the next cool announcement will be for Potter later this year. I expect it to make Transformers look like a Disney bench press conference.

I think they will be vague, with something like "also opening this summer..."
This is not as major as Transformers, but I would say it's a step above the Spider-Man upgrade, so I think they will make some noise about it, but I don't think they'll have a major marketing campaign around it. It might be the "side dish" to Transformers in the marketing for this summer. Hopefully they'll have a presentation similar to Transformers' in the lagoon, because that would be fun! And they'll probably include the new Springfield/Krustyland area in their #LikeYouMeanIt campaign.
I'm no theme park expert, as some of you clearly are, but how this is a "side dish" to Transformers is beyond me. With the amount of detail and props and food/drinks going into this land, to totally capture the longest running sitcom in TV history, that still does well in the ratings and has shown no signs of slowing down, compared to a single ride in a soundstage of a movie series that likely wont stand the test of time (as technology gets better and effects make these movies outdated)...I really must be missing something here...in the end, it's a single ride, that stays in place?, and has a 3d show in front of u, while on the other end, you have a land with evergreen terrace, moes, Krusty burger, spinner, Simpsons ride, duff gardens, chief wiggim, etc