Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Not to jump on the criticizing TF bandwagon, but I really wish they would have themed the side of Monster's adjacent to the queue after NEST. It would have added a much better vibe to that extended queue.

Just noticed that Transformers is now listed in the Universal Orlando Wait Times app by VersaEdge Software . . .

Screenshot_2013-04-21-13-18-55.jpg

Ran into a very friendly construction worker leaving the building. I jokingly said "So you can hook me up by putting my name on the reservation list for 1st to ride when it opens, right??" he talked for bit about the ride & said people are going to love it, & said several people have ridden it, except him, & that they are now working on all the safety aspects of the ride.

Than around the corner while taking the warning pic sign, a park surveyor came up to me & said that its going to open in June, but doesnt know an exact date.

Thanks BW, it's kind of fun spotting these mistakes before they have a chance to fix them, if they ever plan to fix it at all!

& if softs start next month with a month of softs, than I guess the best estimated date for a grand opening would be June 15th until we get further confirmation.

As seen in the recent pictures posted, and I also noticed in-person yesterday, the extended queue in the street is gone. So, that probably was a test run / for approval / for training purposes.

^^I'm guessing opening in June meaning the grand opening?

I would think so. If their plan is to have softs begin around May 15, they're probably planning mid-June for Grand Opening.

Last night while I was taking pics of the building, some ride people (techs?) came out one of the doors, so I asked them if they knew when it was opening. I couldn't get a date out of them, but they all said "soon, soon." They were all really cool, very friendly and they seemed to be in a great mood / excited. I snuck a couple pics of them as they were walking away :p

By the sounds of it, they are still making a lot of progress on the ride. And even if it takes longer than expected it is still a huge achievement to build a ride this quickly. I also think it is amazing because they have had to change the layout of the ride to the two floors instead of the one at Hollywood and Singapore due to the space they have at Orlando.

By the sounds of it, they are still making a lot of progress on the ride. And even if it takes longer than expected it is still a huge achievement to build a ride this quickly. I also think it is amazing because they have had to change the layout of the ride to the two floors instead of the one at Hollywood and Singapore due to the space they have at Orlando.

Hollywood is two stories as well.

The ride in USH & Singapore are also spread across two levels.

Im sure they wouldve let you take pictures with them! It really is cool to meet people working on the ride & be as excited about it as we are!

I almost asked, but thought it was pushing it / creepy :lol: Though I guess sneaking a picture of them is pretty creepy :rofl:
But yeah, maybe they might have taken a pic if I asked :shrug: They were super friendly, came over to shake my hand and everything.