Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apologies if this has been asked before...

Looks like I get to take my mom to UOR this fall. This is not only her first trip to UOR, but also her first trip to a theme park EVER. Due to some health problems, she's going to be extremely limited by what she can ride, but I know she's going to be drawn to the new Despicable Me ride. My question is if there are "fixed" (non-moving) seats available on DM:MM? The more stuff I can get her on, the better...but lots of rides are going to be off limits, especially in IOA.

Thanks!

Looks like I get to take my mom to UOR this fall. This is not only her first trip to UOR, but also her first trip to a theme park EVER. Due to some health problems, she's going to be extremely limited by what she can ride, but I know she's going to be drawn to the new Despicable Me ride. My question is if there are "fixed" (non-moving) seats available on DM:MM? The more stuff I can get her on, the better...but lots of rides are going to be off limits, especially in IOA.

Thanks!

Yes, there are fixed non moving seats.

I believe they're located on the first row. Just ask any Team Member when entering the Gru's House and they'll direct you on where to go.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but DM is testing a new way to have TM's collect the glasses. They are now collecting them inside of the theater (as opposed to out in the dance party area) to reduce theft of the glasses.

Shrek has moving seats? I've seen it several times and I don't remember the seats moving...it's just a 4D theater. Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Thanks!

A recommendation: Find out if she can ride Spiderman, Cat in The Hat, Simpsons, Men In Black, and Forbidden Journey before-hand cause those are the FUN ones that aren't TOO rough (Except for Spiderman and Forbidden Journey). If not you can still enjoy Poseidon's Fury, Hogsmeade atmosphere, Jurassic Park Discovery Center, Seuss High In The Sky, Horror Make Up, Twister, Despicable Me, and E.T.!

Have a fun trip! :smiley:

Anything that spins crazily is probably gonna make her sick, so it's doubtful that she'll be riding Transformers, Spiderman, CitH, or MIB. Coasters and the more aggressive thrill rides are out too...but there's still a fair amount she can experience. She's gonna be 60 and hasn't been on a real ride in 10+ years, so I've gotta be REAL careful with her...like I said, she's got some health problems and neither she nor I will take any chances on worsening her conditions. But hey, at least she can ride E.T.! :smiley:

Thanks for the heads-up on Shrek...I don't remember the moving seats. We'll be sure and ask before we get in line!

Last edited:
Anything that spins crazily is probably gonna make her sick, so it's doubtful that she'll be riding Transformers, Spiderman, CitH, or MIB. Coasters and the more aggressive thrill rides are out too...but there's still a fair amount she can experience. I'm gonna TRY and get her on FJ in WWoHP and perhaps the JPRA (if it's open and not under refurb). She's gonna be 60 and hasn't been on a real ride in 10+ years, so I've gotta be REAL careful with her...like I said, she's got some health problems and neither she nor I will take any chances on worsening her conditions. But hey, at least she can ride E.T.! :smiley:

Thanks for the heads-up on Shrek...I don't remember the moving seats. We'll be sure and ask before we get in line!

Twister and Disaster are also some rides she can do.

I've got some pictures of it flying over SeaWorld yesterday as well.