Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I just wanna share my thoughts on this ride and honestly, I can't wait for it!!!!!! From what I've seen, this ride looks absolutely amazing. The exterior themeing here is much better than Universal Studios Hollywood. I've seen videos and I'm just stunned by how much work they put into this. :happy:

I've seen people mention that the Optimus prime statue on the entrance will be a aa, I think it would be cool if during the cinematic spectacular that it shoots a laser across the lagoon for more effects.

I've seen people mention that the Optimus prime statue on the entrance will be a aa, I think it would be cool if during the cinematic spectacular that it shoots a laser across the lagoon for more effects.

That would be awesome. An AA of Optimus would really make my visit to the studios, but it can't beat the Meet And Greet characters. I really wanna meet Megatron, he looks awesome. :cyborgt:

Oceaneering is minding its manners with Universals paying customers. Helps to have your customer see you in a positive light from all sides of the business :lol:

I'm surprised the techs are being so friendly, never seen that at any park before. :lol:

I really need to get in touch with one of my little birdies...haven't had it on my shoulder in a while.

There are some fantastic ride techs at Universal that go out of their way for guests. Also, the techs for Transformers are going to be the cream of the crop because they were mostly pulled internally.

Those techs were Universal Techs. The guys from Oceaneering have Oceaneering shirts on.

My fault didn't realize they specified :lol:

There are some fantastic ride techs at Universal that go out of their way for guests. Also, the techs for Transformers are going to be the cream of the crop because they were mostly pulled internally.

Expect those who are rock stars at Transformers to be carried over to Gringotts or the HE... Only the best will be taken for the opening team I'd imagine.

I have a question. If the optimus AA is truly an AA, wouldn't they want to install it and have it up and running quite a bit early? To me it seems like it would be a giant AA that has not been seen before. Therefore there would be a lot of testing needed and kinks worked out once its on the roof and in its real environment. They theoretically could do testing elsewhere then install it. But to me it would seem smarter to test where its supposed to be. Don't want to have another disco yeti on our hands with this one.
So is it really an AA or just a statue? I cant remember if that was actually clarified anywhere.

I have a question. If the optimus AA is truly an AA, wouldn't they want to install it and have it up and running quite a bit early? To me it seems like it would be a giant AA that has not been seen before. Therefore there would be a lot of testing needed and kinks worked out once its on the roof and in its real environment. They theoretically could do testing elsewhere then install it. But to me it would seem smarter to test where its supposed to be. Don't want to have another disco yeti on our hands with this one.
So is it really an AA or just a statue? I cant remember if that was actually clarified anywhere.

It is running before it is put in place.

I was going to post pics but someone beat me to it, the red "EP AWAY" has been painted over.... So now it just reads "away not a step keep away" it's crudely painted over so I'm assuming its going to get a few more coats because you an currently clearly see the EP underneath!

I tried talking to some employees yesterday but most denied any knowledge however one CM said...

He has been in the building and it looks great... All done! He said he thought Optimus would already be up so we should expect him anyday.... He said no bumblebee AA

He also said as far as he knew and had been told NO humans have ridden this ride... Not Thierry Coupe not Bill Davis no one yet!!!!

He was a really nice guy and seemed to know what he was talking about....!

My theory is, to avoid any leakage of what's really going, on, the higher ups tell all who is involved in the project to all say diiferent things when talking to the public- "Emplyees are already riding it/there's issues with the RVS/it will not open for at leat 2 months/no one has ridden yet etc." to throw people off, & when they can, tell workers who are involved but still dont know all the details different things to confuse poeple even more. This is also evident when people say "My source said this.", & another person says "That doesnt match with what MY source said.", followed by "BOTH of you are wrong, because MY source has said THIS!!!"

& I would trust the Orlando sentinel news article more anything else that says otherwise. Either way, May 15th is almost here, I dont if I'll be able to hold on!!!

^ That's not the case. This isn't a big conspiracy theory to not let guests have information. Mosts guests don't even ask these kind of details. Keep in mind, employees are often given the same information as guests on these types of things, maybe they know what is being built before others do, but that's about it in terms of special information.