The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 861 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Let me say that whenever we are at the parks getting updates for you guys, we never break park rules. We do not allow pictures that are taken from non-public areas to be posted. If they are, the staff will delete the picture and the user who posted it will receive disciplinary action. If security requests that we delete some pictures, we'll comply. There's no need to be snappy or rude with them. As Bob said: "choose your battles wisely".

& while I do appreciate immensilly everything you guys do on this site, Why does this CONSTANTLY keep being brought up? In EVERY one of my posts, I have said over & over again- guest services said you can take pictures, as long as its not from a non-public areas/over the wall shots/employee areas, etc etc, so I already covered all of that, & I have never once said that "It doesnt matter what the rules are, do whatever you have to to get pictures, even if you have to break some rules to do so." Yet whenever I post something about what the rules are, yet someone always seem to have to chime in with "Well, you know you shouldnt be taking over the wall shots/pics from non-public areas..." I mean, are people just skimming over stuff & not reading all of my posts???

So I'll say this ONE last time so there is no confusion-

PLease follow all of the park rules & comply with security if you breach 1 of those rules. ALWAYS be respectfull.
DO NOT climb/stand on top of benches, trash cans, barricades, walls, go into non-public areas, employees only areas etc to get photos.
If your caught doing ANY of these, your breaking the rules & if stopped & asked to delete photos or stop, than listen, cooperate & apoligize.

So I do not condone any breaking of any rules. I also understand this is not my site, so if someone posts a photo that is aked to be removed, than they do need to respect that.

SO I got nothin but love for yall here on OU, but could we please stop repeating myself with what the rules are or what you shouldnt do, blah blah blah that I have already covered numerous times?? Thanks!

Last edited:
8667497826_84dd463896_c.jpg

8666399517_9632a2f845_c.jpg

This afternoon, Chinese Fireball / Fire dragon had three trains running, while Hungarian Horntail / Ice dragon was running only one. It was annoying to be on the Horntail side... Especially because now they hold up the line and assign you to a row, and with the train situation the attendant didn't assign guests to a row until the train came all the way back around and the next group was getting on. It was a pretty noticeable hold-up for Horntail.

Given not only that they put entertainment out there to distract you and stop you from taking photos, that Guest Services has said they're allowed to stop you from taking pictures, and that I've been asked (very nicely) by a USF Supervisor I'm going to go ahead and say that they are aware.

They're doing their job and what they are told to do. Stop trying to make their job so difficult just because you don't like what they have to say.

It seems the majority of OU recognizes that they're just trying to do their job and that its not a big deal to delete the photos and take new ones.

The entertainment people were first and foremost put there to put something in the dead space. That they have taken to this photo thing is probably due to the fact they end up board and talking to the security guards (in turn helping them out). I agree the people are just doing their jobs, that is why I suggest going to guest services and sharing displeasure with the policy.

And I've talked to a number of people who have no idea security is out there doing that. Also security by policy is not supposed to ask people to delete pictures, only to stop taking them.

Like a few other members on this forum I/we are being singled out. During the latest incident we were doing nothing wrong. That may not always be the case as a few of us push the rules to the edge. IMO it is not wise to attract any more attention by going to guest services and complaining.

"Choose your battles wisely" :thumbs:

Unless you make a big issue out of it guest services types out the complaint, maybe gives you a few one time express passes and moves on.

It is private property and while some scratch their heads at rules like this and yes it's sadly a rule we still have to follow it. The official policy is "pics of unannounced construction projects are not to be taken". The security manager I talked with yesterday explained that it has to dp with trademarks and agreed it's beyond crazy. However these security guards are being paid to do their jobs and they are watched much closer than we are. Let's build OU as a site with a reputation at the parks where we follow the rules..maybe UNI would be a bit more forthcoming with some media credentials for us. :thumbs: And regarding what happened when Bob and Co. were followed my recommendation is file a "letter of concern" with a security manager and let them know what happenes.

Correct, if it's a policy once your informed you do have to follow it if you want to remain on property. But as I'm advocating above, when you run into the policy there is no harm in letting UO know you don't like the policy/don't feel it's being executed fairly.

OK, if its "official policy", how come

A. Its not on there current list of published policy & restrictions page.

There is no requirement for them to post all of the polices. In fact as private property they can ask you to leave at any time for any reason (and they don't have to tell you why).

The entertainment people were first and foremost put there to put something in the dead space. That they have taken to this photo thing is probably due to the fact they end up board and talking to the security guards (in turn helping them out). I agree the people are just doing their jobs, that is why I suggest going to guest services and sharing displeasure with the policy.

And I've talked to a number of people who have no idea security is out there doing that. Also security by policy is not supposed to ask people to delete pictures, only to stop taking them.

Unless you make a big issue out of it guest services types out the complaint, maybe gives you a few one time express passes and moves on.

Correct, if it's a policy once your informed you do have to follow it if you want to remain on property. But as I'm advocating above, when you run into the policy there is no harm in letting UO know you don't like the policy/don't feel it's being executed fairly.

There is no requirement for them to post all of the polices. In fact as private property they can ask you to leave at any time for any reason (and they don't have to tell you why).

OK, you conveniently left out the other half of my post-

"B. Guest Services told me there is no policy that exists saying you cant take certain pictures??"

I mean, I REALLY am getting tired of what seems like people fighting me to the death on this subject. I try & leave it alone & ignore it, but it keeps coming up. What part of "Guest services said you can take construction photos." do you people not understand??? GUEST SERVICES!! Not my own assumptions, something I heard from a friend of a friend, etc etc. I mean, who else do I have to talk in upper management since there word doesnt mean anything??? Yet people keep jumping in & saying. "If security tells you to stop, just comply/why make there jobs more difficult, blah blah blah."

Why let security harrass you & make YOUR day more difficult with rules that dont exist??? So if you meet all the requirements of a ride, & security comes & says you cant ride, would you just comply & "complain later"? If your not doing anything wrong or breaking any rules WHY COMPLY?!! Or at least comply & not make a complaint about it?!?! THIS MAKE NO SENSE!!!!

"There is no requirement for them to post all of the polices. In fact as private property they can ask you to leave at any time for any reason (and they don't have to tell you why). "

The key word is PUBLISHED policy. If its not listed anywhere- such as there website, anywhere at the park, your ticket, the map, ITS NOT A PUBLISHED POLICY. It's all just hearsay. So again, if security says "You cant wear that Mickey hat." than that means automatically its an official policy that just happens to be not listed anywhere??

"Correct, if it's a policy once your informed you do have to follow it if you want to remain on property. But as I'm advocating above, when you run into the policy there is no harm in letting UO know you don't like the policy/don't feel it's being executed fairly."

Im not talking about policies or "policies that I dont like" that clearly exist, or not liking a policy. I'm talking about policies that DONT exist that security is leading people to believe does.

The funny thing is, Ive NEVER been stopped by ANYONE for taking pictures, so I havent yet had the chance to make anyone's job "more difficult." This past weekend, I was even taking pictures from the lagoon & MADE sure to take my time to make sure a security guard saw me, walked right by him, DIDNT SAY A WORD. But when I heard that Bowadd & other people were told to stop taking pictures & wasnt breaking any rules, rather than just ASSUMING that security was wrong for doing that, I fgured I would find out for myself for sure so I could educate myself & everyone here so if this ever happened to anyone else ever again, we would be better prepared because I dont wanna see anyone else here get unnesecarilly harrased if they dont have to. Yet instead of being thanked, people just had to put up a fight about it & state a million reasons why you should listen to security no matter what they say & say that Im just trying to make THERE job more difficult. I just dont see how if they ask you to stop doing something & you respectfully reply with "What rule or policy am I breaking, because there is nothing listed on your OFFICIAL WEBSITE saying anything about photography restrictions & Guest Services said I can take construction photos?" is making things more diificult.

So I'm done on the photography rules subject as I was just trying to help you people out, so feel free to continue to go on about how wrong I am & how security can tell you whatever & to just comply & not question it & just let them "do there jobs", instead of making there jobs more difficult.

Last edited:
I do believe this whole photography argument/debate is

1.) Getting old

2.) Shouldn't be taking place in the Harry Potter thread...regardless of where the pics are being taken

3.) Can we get back to the talk of the Harry Potter LAND?

Please?

I do believe this whole photography argument/debate is

1.) Getting old

2.) Shouldn't be taking place in the Harry Potter thread...regardless of where the pics are being taken

3.) Can we get back to the talk of the Harry Potter LAND?

Please?

THIS! :thumbs:

From screamscape:
It has been awhile since we’ve heard much of anything about the “show” that will take place within the Hogwarts Express train ride between the parks. Previous rumors had suggested that there would be different possible shows run to keep the experience fresh, and now I’ve heard that there may be at least 6 different possible show experiences you’ll encounter at random.

I think it would be strange if you enter the train at dark and you see the sun shining during the ride or if it rains in Florida and you see the sun during the ride.

Would it be possible that the show is much like the weather outside??