The Old KidZone Thread | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a TMNT ride (a trackless dark ride/water coaster hybrid would be perfect! if feasible or even possible lol) later on if the new movie is successful?

I think SpongeBob and Dora are enough Nick properties for now :p

Mystic Manor theming/effects/ride + KidZone + ??? = Success!

TMNT might be a good fit. Been around for a while and still popular today. Just create your own cartoon version of it (like Spiderman) and don't base it on that awful non-teenage alien ninja turtles movie coming out next year.

Mystic Manor theming/effects/ride + KidZone + ??? = Success!

TMNT might be a good fit. Been around for a while and still popular today. Just create your own cartoon version of it (like Spiderman) and don't base it on that awful non-teenage alien ninja turtles movie coming out next year.

Growing up I was a huge Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan. I collected all the toys, saw all the movies a million times and I still quote the movie to this day. So nobody is going to be more heartbroken than me if the movie is terrible. But I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful about it. And yeah, I definitely wouldn't mind if the ride was a cartoon version. Especially if the movie turns out to be terrible.

Last edited:
Never understood TMNT. I watched it and stuff but its almost like the Power Rangers to me.....Weird.

Wo, wo... Don't compare the TMNT to MMPR. Way out of line, way out of line.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/o22D1s6SaAA?rel=0[/video]

Really hope kid zone is the next expansion after potter. I hope they retheme it DreamWorks/Nickelodeon

Retheme part of Hollywood to far far away land with the castle that's in Singapore and a new film. I would also like a shrek indoor kiddie coaster or dark ride it did win the best first Oscar ever in the animation category

Retheme woody woodpecker to how to train your dragon.
Retheme barney to dora

Build a whole new et experience next to mib and retheme the ride and store to a trackless spongebob and krusty krab

Retheme the animal actors to kung fu panda

Retheme curious George to penguins of Madagascar

Retheme fieval to anything left

And make room for the original planned Madagascar ride with the 2nd floor in Singapore

I would also like a mini minion land in production central with 2 small kids ride kind of like the other rides in cars land but where would they go is beyond me.

I think that a Spongebob dark ride using similar tech to Mystic Manor would be awesome. Could be a really immersive environment and blow similar "underwater" dark rides at Disney (Nemo/Mermaid) out of the water (no pun intended).

Really hope kid zone is the next expansion after potter. I hope they retheme it DreamWorks/Nickelodeon

Retheme part of Hollywood to far far away land with the castle that's in Singapore and a new film. I would also like a shrek indoor kiddie coaster or dark ride it did win the best first Oscar ever in the animation category

Retheme woody woodpecker to how to train your dragon.
Retheme barney to dora

Build a whole new et experience next to mib and retheme the ride and store to a trackless spongebob and krusty krab

Retheme the animal actors to kung fu panda

Retheme curious George to penguins of Madagascar

Retheme fieval to anything left

And make room for the original planned Madagascar ride with the 2nd floor in Singapore

I would also like a mini minion land in production central with 2 small kids ride kind of like the other rides in cars land but where would they go is beyond me.

You must be on the younger side huh? lol no offense but I don't want Universal turning into Disney.

Nintendo World anyone?

Nintendo definitely should come to Universal - and would give them tons of timeless characters on par with Mickey and Pooh Bear :)
But it would work better as a third gate of its own!! 100-150 acres is more than enough!

KidZone should stay Nick, Illumination, DreamWorks or if not in Toon Lagoon, Hanna Barbera as well
Video games have nothing to do with USF's motto "Ride the Movies" anyway...

Universal's Game Realm (with Sega, Capcom, and Microsoft contributing a little: about 75% Nintendo though)
1. Wii Plaza
2. Mushroom Kingdom with Yoshi's Island mini-land
3. DK Jungle
3. Fun Forest (Kirby, Pikmin, Sonic, etc) - area name would change though
4. Pokemon Village (the Seuss area/KidZone of the park)
5. Hyrule
6. Intergalactic Port (Metroid, Halo, Star Fox, Megaman, Portal, etc)
7. 8-Bit Street (PacMan, Frogger, Ice Climbers, etc)

USF - Based on Movies/TV
IOA - Based on Literature/Stories
UGR - Based on Video Games

It would bring their basis on forms of media theme for the resort into full circle :)

And it is one of those character stories that never die. They are constantly making new and popular mario games.

But I think it is a little bit of a safer bet that they'll go with nickelodeon.:spongebob:

Nintendo has NOTHING to do with Universal or movies so heck no to that idea.

If that ever had to happen, put it in a third park. They could make that one a video game park. But for Pete's sake, keep that out of Universal Studios!

Status
Not open for further replies.