Dollywood! | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Dollywood!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well I went back to Dollywood last week all I have to say about Wild Eagle is WOW!!!! I know ive only riden it once before this trip but after riding the right side in the front row that just made the ride a thousand times better the footchoppers are freking scary lol. It just takes your breath away and if anyone goes try the chili chesse tater swirls there AMAZING!!!!

That looks awesome. Splash Country is one of my favorite water parks. Not so much for its slides but for it's sheer beauty... that mountain backdrop is gorgeous!

I went to DW back in 2000 during our week stay for the Youth group summer camp at Carson-Newman (Centrifuge). Rode the Tennessee Tornado when it was new and lost fear of coasters since. :D

I went to Gatlinburg this past Monday and Tuesday and I LOVED Wild Eagle!!! My boyfriend convinced me to get a season pass; he lives in Knoxville, and he knows I'm obsessed with theme parks... Well played, sir...

[video=youtube;4crsHw3KjqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4crsHw3KjqM[/video]

Go to the 3:20 mark for a look at this thing.

Until it ruins the rest of your trip and then takes a week for the pain to subside.

Not sure how I missed this but damn that was bad. Total oh **** moment, do brace or hold the camera??

Some problems I ran into from Wednesday's trip:
-Blazing Fury was not operating that day. :bang::'(
-While in line for Daredevil Falls, the ride broke down and we had to wait for about 30 minutes till they fixed the problem.
And, in my opinion, the biggest problem of the day for me:
-THE UPPER LEVELS (3 & 4) IN THE MOTION SIMULATOR RIDE WERE NOT OPERATING THAT DAY, THEREFORE RUINING ANY AND ALL CHANCES I HAD OF GETTING A GOOD POV OF THE SMOKY MOUNTAIN WILDERNESS ADVENTURE!!!! :mad:

Um I dont think your supposed to film rides without the parks permission but I dont know thats just what I've always been told so I've never done it and plus theres so much more to do at Dollywood big deal two rides wasnt working lol

Dollywood is teaming up with Opryland to bring a water / snow park to Nashville?

http://www.dollywood.com/press-c1-Press_Release_Listing.aspx

whoa...

Anddddddddddd it's gone!

With the restructuring of the Gaylord corporation, Dolly Parton has decided to cancel all plans for this park.

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
Country singer Dolly Parton said Friday she will no longer be connected with previously announced plans to build a water and snow park in Nashville.

The singer said in a news release that the decision was made because Gaylord stockholders this week sold operation of its Opryland Resort and Convention Center to Marriott.

"Gaylord makes decisions that they feel are good for their company and their stockholders and I have to make decisions based on what is best for me and the Dollywood Company," said Parton. "Governor Haslam, Mayor Dean, and all the folks in government have been great to work with. I really appreciate their support through this process."

"I think everyone knows I love Nashville and I hope the work we've already done will spark more family entertainment in Nashville," Parton added.

Parton held a news conference in January with the mayor and governor to announce plans to build a 114-acre park that was projected to open as early as spring 2014. Officials said the project would hire 450 full and part-time employees in the first phase of development.

In a statement released Friday afternoon, Gaylord Chairman and CEO Colin Reed said:

"We are deeply disappointed in today's news that Dollywood will no longer partner with us to build a family attraction. We have enormous admiration for Dolly Parton and her company, and respect their decision. We continue to believe that a water park attraction on the property adjacent to Gaylord Opryland would be a valuable contributor to both our hotel and Nashville tourism. We will endeavor to find another quality partner so that this important tourism project can become a reality."

The project was proposed to be built in Donelson near McGavock Pike and Pennington Bend Road.

"I am disappointed with this news, but I am happy to hear that Gaylord still plans to pursue the possibility of a water park. A theme park would be great for Nashville and our tourism industry. I think the world of Dolly Parton, who has been wonderful to both Nashville and the entire state of Tennessee," Mayor Karl Dean said in a statement.

"With a little time and a little hard work, hopefully we can regenerate this or a similar development for this city. It's apparent by the previous intent that the market demand is there for this type of concept, and Nashville certainly deserves it," said Butch Spyridon, CEO and President of the Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau, in a written statement.

Welp. 2013 is not the year to visit Dollywood.

In addition to tearing out the (admittedly awful) motion simulator seats from the imagination theater (only to turn it into another regular theater), Dollywood is also apparently closing down Adventure Mountain.

Why?

I really hope they're just giving it an upgrade. That's the only reasonable thing I can think of. It's only a few years old.

If you ask me, I think that taking out the motion simulator seats from the former motion theater is the absolute WORST thing that Dollywood has EVER done. PERIOD. It was single-handedly one of the BEST rides in the entire park, and the fact that they're putting in ANOTHER theater to replace this when there's already FOUR other theaters in the park is just infuriating! (If it was a 4D-type thater like Muppet*Vision 3D or Shrek 4D, I wouldn't have an issue with it.)

I have no clue as to why they closed Adventure Mountain though.

I never even knew they had a motion theater. On my one and only trip there my friends and I were having too much fun with the non-existent line for Thunderhead after we got on all the other coasters, the train, and a few flat rides. I'd go back to that park just for Thunderhead and Mystery Mine.

I'll be going to Dollywood for the first time this season tomorrow, I'll try to give my impressions on how the park is doing when I get back home tommorow.

I think Dollywood is an amazing, beautiful and "comfortable" park. Living in Florida, I feel lucky I've been able to visit twice. It's just such an awesome park. Oh and Mystery Mine still is one of my favorite rides anywhere. I don't care how freakin' rough it was, the theming was top notch and the coaster elements were superb. Love it.

Though, I haven't been since Wild Eagle.

Well just got back from Dollywood and I have to say this was the absolute PERFECT day to go!!! Every single ride was a walk-on all day and it was just beautiful outside with 70 degree weather all day long!!! Wild Eagle was just as good as ever, Mystery Mine was running good, Thunderhead was a little on the rough side and Tennessee Tornado was just mehh. Before I left I had to get some glorious cinnamon bread...YUM!!! There was really no sign of the 2014 attraction taking over Adventure Mountain, all I really paid attention to was the sign that said "Next Years attraction will be a BLAST". Overall today was a great day to visit Dollywood.