Rides getting some love?!? | Inside Universal Forums

Rides getting some love?!?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

IzzyB

V.I.P. Member
May 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
OK, so I went to MK yesterday and I am there a lot, so I ride these same rides over and over again. I noticed some small things being changed in a couple rides for the better. After the drop in pirates with the boats fighting back and forth, they have added more fog and lights near the water canons. So when a "canon" gits the water you see what looks like fire and the water coming up. Looks really neat and a good addition.

In HM, I don't know if this has always been broken for me or an addition. But the place where the guy is trying to get out of the box, they new have some sound effects going like get me out of here, help, etc. I would have noticed this before, it caught my ear right away and was very creepy.

I think there was a couple other things I noticed yesterday, but forget them. But overall it seems like the night crews might be working to tweak the rides a little and make them a little better. Also, the fog effect at the beginning was working (doesn't always), but the mermaid in the water seems to be missing and there was just "bubbles" all around the boat during that place where you used to be able to see the mermaids. So looks like the effect that hardly ever worked they maybe have given up on? So not so much of a plus there, but the bubble effect was neat and added something to it.

OK, so I went to MK yesterday and I am there a lot, so I ride these same rides over and over again. I noticed some small things being changed in a couple rides for the better. After the drop in pirates with the boats fighting back and forth, they have added more fog and lights near the water canons. So when a "canon" gits the water you see what looks like fire and the water coming up. Looks really neat and a good addition.

In HM, I don't know if this has always been broken for me or an addition. But the place where the guy is trying to get out of the box, they new have some sound effects going like get me out of here, help, etc. I would have noticed this before, it caught my ear right away and was very creepy.

Those have both always been there.

Those have both always been there.

Indeed, though perhaps the effects have been down recently - meaning Izzy wouldn't have noticed them on previous rides and think they are "new." It's happened to me occasionally.

Hmmmm... both me and my husband commented on the amount of fog in the ship seen and the red light when hitting the water. You may be right that the effects have been down when we are on them and that they are not working to get things working again. I have only been going a ton in the last year and half. So older effects that have been broken or not consistent during that time period I would think they are new.

Wait a sec, you mean the mermaid effect doesn't usually work? Well, now I feel special....Last Christmas season I rode Pirates twice and the mermaid under the boat effect worked fine for me both times. It was very eerie and I quite liked it (the singing also helped in the giving me goosebumps category). Proof that you don't have to do something big in order to impress people. Really hope the effect isn't broken, I'm going up there around Sunday so I'll be sure to investigate.

The mermaid has been working every time I've been on recently, and going about twice a week for me it's had quite a good track record. There is also a lot of new fog around Barbosa's ship in pirates.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
The mermaid has been working every time I've been on recently, and going about twice a week for me it's had quite a good track record. There is also a lot of new fog around Barbosa's ship in pirates.

OK, so I am not going crazy on the fog, but the mermaid the last two times has not worked for me. I keep staring at the water and never see anything.