Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Are you from the Pittsburgh area? As far as I know, we're the only people that use the plural you "yinz".

You know what is funny? I read his statement and didn't think anything was wrong with it - lol Been away from Pittsburgh for about 12 years now and hubby still makes fun of me for my Pittsburgh talk. :)

Nest team members seemed to be all over the transformers building today. In the gift shop I could even hear clapping every 30 seconds coming from the exit hallway, I guess they were practicing with no people on. I asked when softs would happen and this time the guy said 2 more weeks.

I asked when softs would happen and this time the guy said 2 more weeks.

I would suspect he was probably reffering to the "official" AP preview times, since those times will be annouced on the 28th, so those times will be sometime after the 28th, which is about 2 weeks from now.

& I definetely believe "unofficial" softs will start next weekend.

Per @DCAlover on Twitter, ride ops TMs are currently standing outside of the attraction.
Just want to say I know some of the people on the opening team and this is the best universal has opening this ride. These are all great guys and gals who can and actually do theme.

This has to be one of the most accurate ride updates I've seen. You guys are reporting with up to the minute updates, and let me say it's appreciated. I'm pretty excited for this ride. Gonna be there for the AP previews.

I know it's probably unlikely, but does anyone know if they'll have Energon ready for the AP previews?

ALL EXCITING NEWS!!! Kind of like movie pre-views before the official release, do they tell you no cell phones/pictures or video is allowed inside the building during the pre-view period, or can you take pics before the grand open?

ALL EXCITING NEWS!!! Kind of like movie pre-views before the official release, do they tell you no cell phones/pictures or video is allowed inside the building during the pre-view period, or can you take pics before the grand open?

Usually the queue is fair game, but absolutely NO taping of the ride itself. I'll be there Friday with my fingers crossed.
Also, most rides are open for Tech Rehearsals at Universal for about a month. The 27th sounds about right.

Last edited:
Ride break down video. It didnt say wich park, but in the description it said this was taped May 19th last Sunday, so I doubt it was ours. Interseting video & cool to see what happens when it gets stuck.

[video=youtube;v7vQ_d7YZKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7vQ_d7YZKA[/video]

tumblr_miqkyhY3jq1s34lsdo1_400_large.gif

Sounds as if Today Show Orlando may not happen. The entire group has been diverted from Yellowstone to Oklahoma. At least that is what it sounded like on a promo just now.

Tragic stuff out there. I wonder if they'll push the rest of their stops back if the entire group went. Either way, Universal already has quite a few people planning to be at the park Thursday morning.

As much as we all patiently wait for more Transformers news, the tragedy that took place in Oklahoma yesterday takes precedence over a theme park ride any day. Condolences to the families over there.