NBC's Today Show Appearance/Complimentary Tickets | Inside Universal Forums

NBC's Today Show Appearance/Complimentary Tickets

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 14, 2010
South West FL
In case anyone was unaware, Universal is giving the first 1,000 people to email them an RSVP complimentary park to park tickets and an appearance on their show. It was launched 2 hours ago, but they've been having issues with their confirmation emails and whatnot, so you may still have a chance. Thought some of you guys might like to know. The appearance is set for next Thursday.

Tickets are gone. But the park opens at 7 am with select attractions that day.

From UOR Facebook:

Thank you for the overwhelming interest in being a part of the TODAY Show live broadcast on Thursday, May 23rd. If you sent an RSVP by email yesterday, please know that a member of our Events team will be getting back to you soon.

At this time, all of the live audience spots have been filled, and we are no longer accepting new RSVPs. However, on May 23 a portion of Universal Studios Florida will be opening to the public at 7 a.m. While select attractions will be open at this time all additional park experiences will open at 9 a.m. Guests who arrive at 7 a.m. can still catch a glimpse of the TODAY Show in action or enjoy the park at their leisure. Theme park admission is required for each guest three years and older. Thank you!

From Universal News....

i4xxgDRggNo0U.png

Guys just got an email from universal saying passholders could come thursday morning and be a part of the today show if they show up 7 a.m or earlier. anybody else get the email?

I already got a confirmation email (although I can't attend due to a very busy schedule). That's the same time everyone who RSVP'd will show up, so I'd assume they're just filling any empty spaces up.

Guys just got an email from universal saying passholders could come thursday morning and be a part of the today show if they show up 7 a.m or earlier. anybody else get the email?

Nada :shrug: Though, I can't attend anyways due to work, but you guys have fun and see if you can get some pics :thumbs:

Hmm...I don't care much about seeing the show, but I might just go early and hope they have Transformers running...

They may not be there at all. They are covering the tornado devastation this morning (they were supposed to be in Yellowstone today, I think).

Further confirmation of the event no longer happening? From Hard Rock Orlando's twitter:

BREAKING: Our participation in the Today Show this Thursday has been cancelled. Womp womp.

Further confirmation of the event no longer happening? From Hard Rock Orlando's twitter:

That's awkward, seeing as I got an email this morning reminding me about my participation in the event. I wonder whether they'll do anything to make it up to people who made plans around this?

According to the UOR Facebook:

The TODAY Show has made adjustments to its programming in response to events in Oklahoma and will now be broadcasting a limited portion of its show live from Universal Orlando Resort on Thursday, May 23rd. If you were one of the 1,000 who RSVP'ed you will be receiving an email soon with more details.

As planned, a portion of Universal Studios Florida will be opening to the public at 7:00 a.m. While select attractions will be open at this time, all additional park experiences will open at 9:00 a.m. Guests who arrive at 7:00 a.m. may have the opportunity to catch a glimpse of the TODAY Show in action while experiencing the park at their leisure. Theme park admission is required for each guest three years and older. Our hearts are with all who were affected by Monday’s events.

I'm assuming they will only send one or two anchors down now to show off a few areas of the park.

Last edited: