Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Springfield Expansion

No mention if a flaming Moe...wonder if they couldn't figure out a drink that would work and not catch tourists on fire

The "stained glass" windows are up at Moes now. It's really just a giant sticker from what I could tell. Also, if you wanted to, you can see inside Moes through the crack in the door now. ;)

null-2.jpg

I've given so much info about this project, you guys should really read through this thread.

I'm not trying to bash Disney(I still love Disney deep down in my teenager heart)here, BUT Universal beat you....AGAIN!!! This literally made me squeal of excitement when I saw this when I got home today, I've been the biggest Simpsons fan ever since I was a child. This is going to be amazing when I go to Universal next year when Harry Potter expansion, Transformers, and this will be done.

The Moe's sign really threw me off at first, but it's been warming up to me the more I look at it. Those windows, on the other hand, aren't flying with me. Maybe it's just the darkened lighting or something but those are looking pretty bad. The overall project is phenomenal though. Kudos to UOR to jumping me interest in a land that I wasn't initially very excited for.

I'll agree with the people saying that the Spinner pods WILL spin individually. Twirl 'N Hurl seems like it would promise that.

I don't think that is the final look. It appears to me that there is perhaps an opaque paper film on one side of the "stained glass" transfer.

Looking closely at the artwork, if you see the Simpsons walkarounds, they look like they were just photoshopped in and touched up to blend better with the rest of the artwork...and Wiggums doesn't look like a statue...he looks like he's meant to be a walkaround too!

If that was the case I'd assume he'd be mentioned in the press release.

Being a former sign guy, there is a solution to the Moe's sign and I'll offer it for free. We had the same problem that someone wanted a sign to be black in the day and colored at night. The solution was to put black perforated vinyl on the front and red translucent on the back if I remember correctly. That way it appeared black in the day when not lit up and red at night. If you were close, you could see the black perf vinyl but it wasn't that bad.

Thanks for the pic, Gambit! :cheers:

I don't think that is the final look. It appears to me that there is perhaps an opaque paper film on one side of the "stained glass" transfer.

Definitely looks that way. I also agree, the sticker is not the prettiest, but it's the way to go. Real stained glass would be nice, but probably crazy for maintenance and safety.

Back to the Moe's sign, did you guys see there's like a sort of border on the letters? Maybe they will paint that black, and if so, that could help, too :thumbs:

Definitely looks that way. I also agree, the sticker is not the prettiest, but it's the way to go. Real stained glass would be nice, but probably crazy for maintenance and safety.

Wasn't there talk on here about the stained glass being sandwiched between 2 plain pieces of glass, that way protecting it from guests? That would look much better than a stupid sticker.