Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Springfield Expansion

To all of the naysayers of any more Simpsons...

I guess it is fine that y'all think it is enough, but I do not feel that way. Since this expansion has started I believed it is not enough. I am wondering how many people thought the Wizarding World was already too much Potter in the parks before Phase II was even on the drawing board.

When I say I want a Phase III for Simpsons, those are things I believe would make the area better and more enjoyable. I am not saying Uni already has it in the works, just holding it back for another time. Who knows that could be true, or they could have decided this is it for the Simpsons. So the point is even if UC thinks this is it for Simpsons, this is the theme park industry we are talking about and things change. Never say never concerning theme park attractions, especially about the new Uni mentality.

I am not being delusional here, but I am not getting my hopes up. I want more and if enough others do too they will make more. I am still excited about the current expansion, though I always thought this should have been done for The Simpsons Ride opening. There is going to be a lot of great stuff, tough I can't turn a blind eye to what I do not like about this project. Like I said this is not my "official" prediction, but lets see how popular this dang thing is after it opens.

Regards,
Nate

I don't think we had any night shots of the new signs, so i grabbed some. Doesn't look like Moe's or Krusty's is ready to be lit.

IMG_20130524_204941.jpg

IMG_20130524_204946.jpg

IMG_20130524_204856.jpg

IMG_20130524_204923.jpg

The signs look great, and this area is going to look amazing. Should have figured they were waiting to make the announcement before kicking the project into overdrive!

Hello :) Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to say I'm currently on day 2 of my 8 day vacation to Universal Orlando and having a blast. I wanted to mention that I've seen the Springfield buildings in person, and while I agree the Moe's sign in the pictures looks a bit off, in my opinion it looks better in person. Also, when I was there this afternoon, I couldn't even tell they had a stained glass design in the windows. It looked plain white to me in the sun, which leads me to think its a temporary design. Maybe?

Also thanks to all the lovely people on this site. It really helped in planning this trip!

Hello :) Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to say I'm currently on day 2 of my 8 day vacation to Universal Orlando and having a blast. I wanted to mention that I've seen the Springfield buildings in person, and while I agree the Moe's sign in the pictures looks a bit off, in my opinion it looks better in person. Also, when I was there this afternoon, I couldn't even tell they had a stained glass design in the windows. It looked plain white to me in the sun, which leads me to think its a temporary design. Maybe?

Also thanks to all the lovely people on this site. It really helped in planning this trip!

:welcome:

Anybody got a clue on why they changed KFP at the last minute to "Cletus's Chicken Stack"? Were they concerned about possibly offending Asian guests that might view it as racist or something?

I would love to see a Power Plant ride. I know it won't happen and I am completely thrilled with the expansion., but just thinking about what they could do with a Cartoon Spin style ride through the plant. It'd be hilarious and awesome.

Anyway, can't wait to try a Flamin' Moe and enjoy a Duff. This is going to be great!

Got some interesting intel,

For your first chance at a Krustyburger or Duff Beer be at the park on the first of June...

Finally caught up and wanted to comment on a couple things. The site that is saying duff gardens will open in September has to be wrong. Uni said summer and September is not really considered summer. Uni would not say Summer and mean September. Also, they wouldn't put all the signs up and show them if they weren't somewhat close to finishing this. They also would not show completed artwork and say it is opening, if it was opening in phases. So I say it will be completed by the end of June.

As for the Wiggim and beer guy MnG, it will be a statue. HTF has given clues to this all along. He said a long time ago the chief and his car would be in the expansion basically saying statue, then HTF said recently people need to read back to his other posts. He also stated the artwork is basically gonna be it and there was no Dragon controversy, so again, saying statues, and lastly Uni only announced two new characters. So put all those together and I am 100% sure we are getting statues of both.

Got some interesting intel,

For your first chance at a Krustyburger or Duff Beer be at the park on the first of June...

Hmmm....soft opening a restaurant? Interesting...