Islands of Adventure - 14th Birthday | Inside Universal Forums

Islands of Adventure - 14th Birthday

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 29, 2013
Florida
Its IOA's Birth Day today! Islands of Adventure opened May 28th 1999!
IOA's grand opening:
[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=REjO3Y6SXmI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DREjO3Y6SXmI[/video]
Remember The Past:
Old IOA map
1fb445a10e164f6706a4d0936390b734_zpsff3e48e7.jpg

Last edited:
Happy 14th Birthday, IOA!!!!!!! I'm probably going to spend my 14th birthday At IOA in October, seems like the right thing to do. Anyway, Congrats IOA!!!!!! :cheers:

Does anyone know what this was?
dc71c4bd067a14a1735dbfeb1e154134_zps04336d58.jpg

That would be for Sylvester McMonkey Mcbean's Very Unusual Driving Machines. The ride that is now the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley ride. In the ride's production it appeared to have many issues that were costly to fix and by opening era of IOA and years later you could look up and see that themed placeholder that they put to add some kinetic energy around the Island.

Happy birthday to most amazing theme park in the world! Islands of Adventure will always be my favorite park.

Last edited:
That would be for Sylvester McMonkey Mcbean's Very Unusual Driving Machines. The ride that is now the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley ride. In the ride's production it appeared to have many issues that were costly to fix and by opening era of IOA and years later you could look up and see that themed placeholder that they put to add some kinetic energy around the Island.

Fun fact: The biggest issue, if the power went out they would have to call the fire department. The evac platforms were added for Sky Trolley. This ride had no system of getting people off without bringing them back to the station (or one of the inside show scenes)

Fun fact: The biggest issue, if the power went out they would have to call the fire department. The evac platforms were added for Sky Trolley. This ride had no system of getting people off without bringing them back to the station (or one of the inside show scenes)

The stories about what went wrong with that ride literally make my head spin. What were they thinking? Also, one of the inside show scenes? Aren't there... literally 3, two per track (the last one shared)? They all seem to have accessible ground floors all along the ride path, so to which are you referring? (Just curious, the entire McMonkey McBean debacle fascinated me when I was first getting into the Universal parks.)

The stories about what went wrong with that ride literally make my head spin. What were they thinking? Also, one of the inside show scenes? Aren't there... literally 3, two per track (the last one shared)? They all seem to have accessible ground floors all along the ride path, so to which are you referring? (Just curious, the entire McMonkey McBean debacle fascinated me when I was first getting into the Universal parks.)

I didn't mean a specific one, I meant the station or an inside show scene. But there's a whole lot of open track out there.

I know there's a lot of stories about how the whole ride was just a mess. But a lot of the issues weren't as bad as the stories made them seem. For example the two "show" cars ran just fine at the same time and they ran on the ride's powered bus bar. So the ride system itself worked.

Do you know if they still have any of the cars left? I think they would make great decoration

The ride is fun for the whole family to do. Although I don't like the tight restraints and how it's kinda hard to see out.

I found my old transcript of the opening fireworks show and thought I'd share it. :thumbs:

"From the far corners of the world, choose from fantastic journeys yet to be as Universal Studios’ Islands of Adventure comes to life before your eyes.

Are you ready?
It’s time!
The moment is near.
From Sneetch Beach to Who-ville
Get ready to cheer,
For a fine place like no place you've ever seen standing.
A fantabulous place by the name of Seuss Landing!

Behold, ancient legends speak of a magical world where dragons breathe fire, sorcerers practice their mystical arts and the gods rule with ultimate power.
Enchantment is in store for those who believe, here, in the Lost Continent!

Step beyond the gates into a world where history is made. We invite you to enter into a living time machine and discover a spectacular place where the past will live again.
Welcome to Jurassic Park!

Step into the funny papers
Filled with laughs and comic capers.
Gags, guffaws and grins galore,
Crazy antics are in store.
With Dudley Do Right, Popeye too
Fun adventures wait for you.
All your friends are coming soon,
You’ll find them here in Toon Lagoon!

Towering before you stands the domain of titans. Here the forces of evil will challenge superheroes with powers far beyond the imagination of mere mortals.
Are you ready? Do you dare experience the awesome world of Marvel Superhero Island!
"

And here's the video from the first page if you want to read along.

[video=youtube;REjO3Y6SXmI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&hl=en&gl=US&v=REjO3Y6SXmI&nomobile=1[/video]

Last edited:
Anyone know If I can still buy the Islands Of Adventure soundtrack at IOA???? I found it on amazon for up to $152!!!!!!!! If I can't, anyone know of an MP3 file of the whole soundtrack???