Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 476 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
A couple comments...

I think OP looks good, I think he is pointing up to the sky and some ways, probably pointing at a coming enemy, which makes sense for the Story of the ride. Also, I agree with others, standing is better to show how massive he is. I think the only thing that bothers me a little is the bent knew and how he looks to be leaning back. But overall he looks amazing.

I think the extended queue (the one that goes beyond the 90 minute and is not up right now) was done this way because I also think next summer you won't get 90+ minute waits. I think all of the other offerings in the park will spread the crowds out. You have to remember that when FJ was added it was one ride that was added to IOA and the whole area brought in MASSIVE amounts of people that weren't coming before. So that is why all other parts of the park had massive lines.

But Studios is GAINING 3 rides in a year. Gringott will replace Jaws, HE, K&K, and Transformers will be new. So while more crowds will be in Studios, they already have the huge bump from phase 1, so it won't be as big of a bump as it was for phase 1 and they will have way more capacity added by that time. Not to mention the walk thru and show being added to phase 2. Add that with additional shops and eateries from Simpson and Phase 2, you really have a lot more area and capacity in the entire park. So I don't see them needing this queue past this summer/christmas/spring break before phase 2 opens. Once Phase 2 opens I think 90 minutes will probably be the high end, maybe going to 100, but I don't see them needing the entire extended temp queue moving past this year. So I think it was a good decision by Uni. Yes, it will be painful this year, but now they won't have this permanent queue that is not being used (i.e. Mummy) that is taking up space they didn't have.

I agree with the previous posts, added capacity next year will definitely help alleviate the crowds... However, I do have to question how much Potter will attract and whether we'll have another summer in which the entire area is always filled to capacity?
Anyway, that's a question for the DA thread - I'm now interested in seeing the rest of the que/preshow. Should be neat to see when it's all opened up.

Has a TM preview ever transitioned straight into GP softs?

Pretty sure I remember that happening with Potter in the morning at least once or twice. Just got a text from a birdie about the preview, public softs afterwards are possible. I was already going to be there tonight for a TM event at Hard Rock, so this is just icing on the cake.

Pretty sure I remember that happening with Potter in the morning at least once or twice. Just got a text from a birdie about the preview, public softs afterwards are possible. I was already going to be there tonight for a TM event at Hard Rock, so this is just icing on the cake.

AoA's?

Let's hope that finger's earthed!!! :lol:

optimuss.jpg

I will say that something like this happened on DM:MM. TM previews one night, TM previews a few days later in the middle of the day leading right into general softs.
Ok... I'm coming from Tampa as soon as it looks like a go but I'll hold off for now.